Website Educate Girls
Scope & overview of the role:
The role will be responsible for developing and implementing the communications and media plan of Educate Girls to optimize the impact of its various programs for the education of girls; will work closely with General Manager Communications in implementing the communications strategy at Educate Girls. S/He will be managing the communications resources across states (existing states + expansion) and the primary language of communication will be Hindi. S/He will be accountable for managing the daily operations of the Communications department.
Areas of Responsibility:
o Communications Strategy
- Assist the General Manager Communications in executing the Communications strategy and manage Educate Girls’ brand image and positioning to strengthen relationship with all key stakeholders
- Ensures consistency in all communications and develop and strengthen the organizations brand image across all channels
- Builds media relationships and ensure media coverage for all Educate Girls initiatives, establish partnerships with new stakeholders.
- Review the communication campaigns and donor relations at state level
- Assist Communications Team in conducting a brand audit / positioning exercise / perception study aimed at stakeholders (especially Team Balika) from time to time
- Setting KRAs for the team s/he would lead
o Brand alignment
- Understand the brand and communications guidelines clearly.
- Educate State staff about communications guidelines etc.
- Maintain consistency across all branding and communication activities. Keep all violations under check
- Align all media activities with agreed upon guidelines
o Social Media
- Oversee engagement with Team Balika, Field Coordinators and Block Officers on Team Balika Facebook page
- Use the platform for Team Balika appreciation and motivation
o Public Relations
- Create avenues for spokesperson(s) to deliver the organization’s story and key messages.
- Look for opportunities where the organization can partner with State bodies for co-promotions.
- Maintain media relations with print, social and electronic media.
- Build Educate Girls as a sought-after opinion leader in public education space for State level media.
- Collation of Team Balika and beneficiary stories
- Ensure the newsletter gets designed, printed and disseminated in time
o Print and Production of Collateral
- Identify vendors who can give us competitive rates for quality products.
- Manage shipment of product across districts.
o Administration and Co-ordination
- Keep a track of the communications budget.
- Attend manager’s meet when required.
- Represent the communications team on field when required.
- Take charge of translations of material in local language.
- Keep an inventory checklist.
o Communications Operations
- Oversee the prioritization and delivery of all of organization’s communications including Press and PR activity, all print communications, digital communications and activities relating to stakeholder relationship management
Liaise with (internal & external stakeholders)
Operations & all support functions
A bachelor’s degree in Hindi, Journalism, Marketing or Communications or any field of social science
- Proven work experience as a Communications manager, with the primary medium of communication being Hindi & English, minimum 4-5 years of experience in leadership role
- Experience of handling a team of managerial resources across locations, setting direction and supporting the career development of the team
• Soft skills:
- Superior level Hindi writing, content development and speaking skills
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Leadership & Team management
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Excellent written & oral communication (English)
• Technical skills:
- Strong HINDI writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills
- Ability to present concepts verbally
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Must possess a demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming, relational databases and operating systems) and intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, desktop publishing programs, photo manipulation programs, etc.)
- Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with staff at all levels
Once in 3 months to EG offices across India
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.