Website STIR Education
ABOUT STIR EDUCATION
We are an international NGO that is addressing the moral and economic imperative that every child, everywhere, should have a teacher who cultivates the joy of lifelong learning. At a practical level, that means we support governments to reignite intrinsic motivation in teachers and local officials, through teacher networks. Our vision is a world where teachers love teaching and children love learning. In our sixth full year of operations, we are working with 200,000 teachers and 6 million children across 70 districts in India and Uganda.
We achieve this through a five-year learning partnership with an education system, where we align all levels of the education system (officials, teachers and children) around the goal of increasing intrinsic motivation.
Practically, this means that teachers undergo monthly network meetings with about 20 to 30 local peers. Through these meetings they’re supported to develop their practice in areas ranging from effective questioning to creating warm but orderly classroom routines – all designed to create a more effective relationship between the teacher and child. In doing so they develop a sense of autonomy (the sense they can change things), mastery (sense of getting better as a professionals) and purpose (reconnecting emotionally with their peers and students) – the key drivers of intrinsic motivation.
District officials undergo a training and coaching programme that motivates and supports them to prioritise, run and monitor the teacher networks and a close partnership with the state or national government enables the government to align this intrinsic motivation approach within their priorities, structures and systems.
The approach is run by the government from day one and after about five years of partnering with an education system we hope to have embedded a culture of improvement at all levels for the system to continue to strengthen itself. We typically allocate one member of our own staff per district to train, energise and coach the district officials running the approach, and a small team at the national or state level.
How we approach our work is as important as what we do and our core values guide the way:
Humility – We don’t have all the answers upfront.
Ownership – We empower each other with high expectations & support.
Openness – We will listen, learn and improve, and lead through obstacles.
Purpose – We’re united by a shared vision we’ll build & achieve together.
India Regional Hub:
STiR Education is setting up a Regional Hub (RH) based out of India. The RH will be a social enterprise that will play the role of a technical expert to clients in the development space, including governments, donor agencies, foundations and CSR arms of companies, with the benefit of learning from STiR’s direct implementation in the different states. It will also amplify the STiR approach within the country with key education stakeholders and organisations with whom we do not have a programme partnership. The RH will also contribute to STiR’s longer-term sustainability plans in India.
STiR is looking to hire a Senior Manager for the Regional Hub (RH). The role will be responsible for defining the core offerings and/or services under the Regional Hub and building a team to deliver the same. The role will be based in Delhi and report to the STiR’s India Country Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a strategy plan for the Regional Hub for the next 3 years
- Drive the vision and quality implementation of the IRH
- Look at the bigger picture and set clear objectives in order to develop and improve the offering
- Input into the advocacy strategy for the Regional Hub with the Country Head and Regional Hub team
- Seek ways of improving the way the hub operates
- Develop the go-to-market strategy for all the services and product offerings of the RH
- Research and identify opportunities – including markets, growth areas, trends, partnerships
- Responsible for expanding the client base in priority markets and ensuring revenue generation/sales
- Scope out the appropriate contact organisations (NGOs, foundations, governments, private school boards and funders working in school education)
- Generate leads through data accumulation and cold call prospective leads for lead generation
- Create a pipeline of potential partners to foster and develop relationships
- Support donor partnerships and finance teams to develop proposals and budgets by providing required and timely information
- Manage contracts and payments in consultation with the finance and legal teams
- Develop a good understanding of the STiR’s programmes and services and be able to advise others about them
Regional Hub Set-up
- Develop and maintain up-to-date business development collateral including organisation profiles, CVs of staff/associates, profiles of partner firms etc.
- Set up and lead a small team and nurture a partnership culture Exhibit quality line management that fosters peak performance and personal growth
- Coordinate with STiR’s internal teams — design, programme, M&E and finance to deliver high quality content to partners
- Clearly articulate expectations and provide operational structures for the team to meet them
- Plan and organise sessions for internal stakeholders to facilitate learnings of the regional hub
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate to learn and share
- Keep abreast of trends and policies in the education sector
Contribute to the development of an overall culture at STiR that is in line with our organisational values
- Make sure that the relationships you build and all training and support you provide are in the STiR spirit and in line with our values
- Ensure integrity and accuracy in your work through role modelling ownership, attention to detail and high expectations
- Role model professionalism and a growth mindset at all times
- Demonstrate a hunger to learn, grow and take ownership of your own development
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3 years leading business development in a relevant organisation in the development sector
- Proven experience in setting strategic direction, developing and implementing business plans and generating sales
- Strong delivery focus, ‘can-do’ attitude, growth mindset and ability to rapidly adapt
- Knowledge and experience in delivering a product/service within a development sector/ enterprise context
- Proven experience in forming business relationships with diverse stakeholders – at all levels of seniority
- Experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Strong project management and client management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Creative and critical thinking – from adaptive design to problem-solving
- Commitment to STiR Education’s values
- Ability to work under pressure and solution oriented
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
A gross salary of INR 103,363/- per month (12,40,355/- per annum) will be paid for your service (subject to relevant taxes at source), along with Medical Insurance for yourself, spouse and up to two children.
To apply for this job please visit stireducation.freshteam.com.