Medha better prepares youth for life after school. Our combination of 21st-Century skills training, career counseling, and alumni support propel young people on career paths of their choice. Since 2011, we have improved workplace engagement, income growth, and female work participation for 85,000 students across more than 400 educational institutions. And we are currently partnering with multiple state governments to bring our programming and approach to millions more.
We are supported by leading corporations and global foundations such as Accenture, JP Morgan, and The Mulago Foundation. We have received numerous awards and recognitions for our work, including the Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, and Ashoka Fellowships, the Dasra Girl Power Award, and were recently named a finalist for the Elevate Prize.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Medha is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices.
For more information, please visit: 1) Website 2) 2021 Impact Report 3) Program Materials 4) Strategy Growth Plan Deck
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR MANAGER, M&E, SWARAMBH/TEAMPRENEUR
Medha’s Swarambh program aims to support youth from small towns to gain essential skills related to a “gig” opportunity and build themselves as successful freelancers. We bring three parties together – youth as budding freelancers, proficient freelancers as mentors, and local companies as “gig”/work providers on a virtual “marketplace,” thereby enabling access and partnerships between them.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) person will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and impact framework of the program. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring mechanism to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered for the program. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing team, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
What you will do:
Setting up the system:
- Assist in the development of a M&E framework for Swarambh, with output, outcome and impact indicators and their measurement.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project workplan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Develop various templates and drafts in accordance with the M&E framework, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation,
- Review the quality of existing data, improve the methods of collecting it, analyze data for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for M&E-related capacity-building for the project team that maybe required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality and build internal quality controls.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for the team as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Provide advice to the Project Lead on improving project performance using M&E findings.
Communication and reporting:
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Project Lead with management information and miscellaneous reports she/he may require from time to time.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
What your day might look like:
While no two days are the same, some may look like this:
- You meet the Project lead to discuss and fulfill funder reporting/data requirement.
- You connect with Program Manager in the field to develop and execute data collection surveys with the students in order to capture program impact.
- You conduct a training for Student Relationship Managers on baseline data quality and discrepancies, if any.
- You analyze the data and prepare a project progress report and impact/knowledge report for the program.
- You manage and share a monthly dashboard/portal with the management.
- You join a meeting with funder/other stakeholders to share our learnings from data analysis.
- You end the day by meeting with partners at local administration and NITI Aayog.
- You prepare case studies from Swarambh program to be added in Medha’s annual report.
Things we are looking for:
Education: First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Good knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment is an advantage.
- Good moderation, facilitation, and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with funders, government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of advanced research, data analytics, regression tools is an advantage.
Why should you work for Medha?
- A passionate team that is committed to a shared mission.
- Grassroots ethos connected to its student community (no ivory towers here).
- Audacious goals and vision to impact millions of young people and India’s growth story.
- New initiatives and exciting projects to get involved in and learn from.
- An informal and fun work environment that doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Space to explore and find your own solutions and path (no micromanaging).
Our hiring process:
Our goal is to be as transparent and respectful of your time during the recruiting process. We use a technology platform to ensure the hiring process is comprehensive, efficient, and well documented.
To apply for this job please visit medha.zohorecruit.com.