Website Madhi Foundation
The Senior Manager will play a key role in delivering on Madhi’s mandate with the government. They will be expected to work with the State Project Management Unit to anchor all activities for the Targeted Communications sub-vertical. The TNSOARS-1 team consists of diverse & dynamic professionals like instructional designers, master trainers, field experts, data analysts, and product developers. The Senior Manager will be responsible for bringing the programmatic vision for the project by setting up project management systems and constantly aligning the team’s activities in line with the short, medium, and long-term project goals.
What we do
Madhi works closely with the Tamil Nadu School Education Department to conceptualise and implement large scale quality improvement programmes in Tamil Nadu’s government schools. Over the course of the next 5 years Madhi will strengthen its existing programmes in the state (as well as undertake new programmes) with the singular aim of ensuring transformative improvement in the quality of school education in Tamil Nadu. Madhi’s programmes in Tamil Nadu are consolidated under a single umbrella called Project: TN Soars, comprising 3 critical projects: 1. Ennum Ezhuthum (The Tamil Nadu state Foundational Learning Mission), 2. TechForEdSystems and 3. Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools.
Ennum Ezhuthum: We are currently also working as the ‘Chief Management Partner’ for Tamil Nadu’s official Foundational Learning Mission, The ‘Ennum Ezhuthum Mission’ – a Rs. 500 Cr Mission of national and regional importance aimed at universalising foundational learning for all children in Tamil Nadu’s 37,000 government schools.
Project MALA: Project MALA aims to create high-tech, low-tech and no-tech tools which can support child-educators (parents, teachers, volunteers) to build the neuro-linguistic exposure that children require to acquire language proficiency through oracy. Children in rural areas or from low income households have minimal exposure to the English language- particularly oracy. They find the existing english language learning tools inadequate to build fluency in spoken English and also have difficulty in reading to learn from English sources. Project MALA aims to leverage technology and contextually built learning resources to solve this problem.
Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools: To ensure holistic growth of children from underserved communities and to empower them with the skills to work toward their dreams, the Department of School Education has embarked on an ambitious project of setting up ‘Tamil Nadu Model Schools’ that will serve children from the most marginalized backgrounds and equip them with skills and knowledge such that their disadvantages get mitigated and no longer impede their success in academics, work and life. Madhi has joined the Department to assist in the setting up of these 38 Model Schools, each exemplifying the principles of equity and inclusion in letter and spirit, enabling every student, irrespective of their background, to receive equal opportunities to aspire and achieve their goals.
Your team (TNSOARS-1)
The TNSOARS -1 team comprises five sub-verticals: Teaching Learning Materials (TLMs), Training, Tracking, Targeted Communication and Tutoring at home. All the sub-verticals work together seamlessly and support the implementation of the state reform projects that Madhi undertakes in partnership with the Government of Tamil Nadu.
About the role
The Senior Manager will play a key role in delivering on Madhi’s mandate with the government. They will be expected to work with the State Project Management Unit to anchor all activities for the Targeted Communications sub-vertical. The TNSOARS-1 team consists of diverse & dynamic professionals like instructional designers, master trainers, field experts, data analysts, and product developers. The Senior Manager will be responsible for bringing the programmatic vision for the project by setting up project management systems and constantly aligning the team’s activities in line with the short, medium, and long-term project goals!
The challenges you will help solve in this role:
- Addressing the unique challenges that the public education space faces.
- The Ennum Ezhuthum project is now implemented in mission mode and in your role as the Senior Manager of Strategic Communications, you will need to make sure that the information about the program and its implementation reaches every single stakeholder including parents and the community.
- The project is to be implemented across all the districts in the state of Tamil Nadu and will require streamlined communication and sharing of best practices. In your role, you will need to design strategies to ensure that the communication is seamless across all layers.
- Apart from designing strategies, we will have to foster cross-learning and collaboration among districts in terms of IEC activities and strategies.
The job description:
Below is an indicative set of responsibilities you will be required to lead as part of your role. We believe that a job description is best created collaboratively where the individual joining the team and the senior leadership team together define the role in greater detail so it reflects your aspirations and ambitions as much as it does the organisation’s needs. A detailed description will be jointly created once the selection process has been completed and you have accepted our offer of employment.
In this role some of your responsibilities will include:
- Set and achieve goals along with sub-vertical heads and senior management, towards vision setting process and ensuring all objectives of the programme are met successfully
- Build strong relationships at the state and district levels to ensure efficient coordination for any activity that may come our way
- Design a comprehensive project management process and implement project management protocols to ensure on-time delivery of the goals of the project you will be managing
- Lead the design and implementation of an IEC strategy for the projects undertaken by Madhi with the government
- Manage outreach and intra-departmental communication activities for conducting the mission
- Coordinate with media partners and other stakeholders to manage the IEC activities for the projects
- Strategise behaviour change communication to ensure the long term sustenance of the projects
- Create the communications guidelines for the project related external communication
- Support in developing a robust outreach campaign strategy for improving the state and district team’s contribution and ensure attainment of the project goals.
- Review the communication strategy periodically and suggest course-corrections.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have lead people management at a nonprofit or a start-up.
- Posses a growth mindset and are comfortable seeking solutions for problems that you may not immediately have an understanding of.
- Possess demonstrable leadership skills and a resilient entrepreneurial mindset.
- Have outstanding formal written communication skills in English.
- Have impeccable planning and task tracking skills.
- At least 6-10 years of relevant work experience in Communication, Mass media, Outreach strategy etc
- Experience of having directly managed a team of at least 2-3 managers
- Experience in the education/development sector would be an added advantage
- A degree in a relevant field of study from a reputed institution
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and all Google Suite applications
- At least spoken knowledge of Tamil language
This role will report to: Senior Manager, Project Management – FLN Mission
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Remuneration: Rs 6,00,000 – 10,00,000 Lakhs p.a
Please note: You will be expected to bring your own laptop, with updated software (MS Office 2016)
For more information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.