Website Madhi Foundation
The Senior Manager will be expected to anchor the training delivery model and classroom observation processes for FLN. You will ensure that the training delivered is high-quality, error-free and cascades effectively. This will include liaising with government stakeholders and pedagogy advisors to improve existing training processes and creating new ones. Additionally, you will also be expected to set up internal systems and processes to create data collection tools and ensure that the team collects high-quality data from the field. You will also be the consulting SME for all trainings conducted by Madhi.
What we do
Madhi works closely with the Tamil Nadu School Education Department to conceptualise and implement large scale quality improvement programmes in Tamil Nadu’s government schools. Over the course of the next 5 years Madhi will strengthen its existing programmes in the state (as well as undertake new programmes) with the singular aim of ensuring transformative improvement in the quality of school education in Tamil Nadu. Madhi’s programmes in Tamil Nadu are consolidated under a single umbrella called Project: TN Soars, comprising 3 critical projects: 1. Ennum Ezhuthum (The Tamil Nadu state Foundational Learning Mission), 2. TechForEdSystems and 3. Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools.
Ennum Ezhuthum: We are currently also working as the ‘Chief Management Partner’ for Tamil Nadu’s official Foundational Learning Mission, The ‘Ennum Ezhuthum Mission’ – a Rs. 500 Cr Mission of national and regional importance aimed at universalising foundational learning for all children in Tamil Nadu’s 37,000 government schools.
TechforEdSystems: Madhi is working towards revolutionizing the state’s education governance systems through TechforEdSystems – an end-to-end monitoring solution including sophisticated applications and processes developed by Madhi, which enables the system to effectively integrate technology and data into its governance and decision making systems.
Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools: To ensure holistic growth of children from underserved communities and to empower them with the skills to work toward their dreams, the Department of School Education has embarked on an ambitious project of setting up ‘Tamil Nadu Model Schools’ that will serve children from the most marginalized backgrounds and equip them with skills and knowledge such that their disadvantages get mitigated and no longer impede their success in academics, work and life. Madhi has joined the Department to assist in the setting up of these 38 Model Schools, each exemplifying the principles of equity and inclusion in letter and spirit, enabling every student, irrespective of their background, to receive equal opportunities to aspire and achieve their goals.
Your Team (Training & Impact)
The Training & Impact team mainly has two broad functions: capacity building and impact measurement. The Training team is responsible for the delivery of instructional materials, tools and strategies for teachers and administrators to improve their knowledge, skills and mindset. The impact team is responsible for creating tools, systems and processes for measuring effectiveness of training and classroom practices. The training and impact team is diverse and dynamic comprising pedagogy experts, instructional designers, teacher trainers and field officers. The team believes that high-quality contextual training along with academic support driven by evidence from observations, can equip teachers to transform classroom practices and help improve learning outcomes at scale.
About the role
The Senior Manager will be expected to anchor the training delivery model and classroom observation processes for FLIP. You will ensure that the training delivered is high-quality, error-free and cascades effectively. This will include liaising with government stakeholders and pedagogy advisors to improve existing training processes and creating new ones. Additionally, you will also be expected to set up internal systems and processes to create data collection tools and ensure that the team collects high-quality data from the field. You will also be the consulting SME for all trainings conducted by Madhi.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Set the vision for the Training & Impact sub-vertical and thought partner with the Lead, FLIP and Associate Director, Projects to translate the vision into action
- Accountable for creating a staffing plan and projection for successfully implementing the programme
- Set and achieve goals for the sub-vertical and support team members to ensure that all objectives are met successfully
- Contribute to the overall vision setting process of the programme and the organisation to transform the status of foundational learning
Training and Capacity Building
- Create the overall training strategy & roadmap and drive effective implementation of the same
- Consistently propose improvements to the training models through research and implement these as part of contextualised approach to capacity building
- Co-create the teacher and administrator professional development framework to train and on-board teachers, HMs and BRTEs to the programme
- Co-lead the planning of training workshops with the state department and coordinate with stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals from the state
- Lead the planning and delivery of training across the intervention-districts
- Review session plans created by the team and ensure that all plans are of high quality
- Observe training to gain qualitative insights to improve the training processes
- Create periodic training observation reports that capture the effectiveness of the training and recommend improvements to the existing processes
- Implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning requirements across projects
- Create the overall training strategy & roadmap and thereby drive effective implementation
- Anchor the baseline and end-line student assessment exercise across intervention and control districts
- Create a classroom observation framework for the programme, co-lead the engagement with the state to review the framework and to obtain the necessary approvals
- Plan and execute classroom observations with the team and continuously strive to innovate and problem-solve to improve the quality of public education
- Shadow classroom observations conducted by team members and support them with their learning and development needs
- Support the tracking team to conduct review meetings at the state level and evaluate the effectiveness of these review meetings
- Create periodic reports that capture stories, cases and insights from the field that will help the projects team to strengthen the programme
- Meticulously track the progress of vertical goals, process adherence and project progress
- Manage a highly skilled & motivated team and constantly strive to help them grow and realise their potential
- Ensure all team management structures are followed diligently and implement personalised support structures for team members
- Support the creation and implementation of the L&D framework for the Training & Impact team
- Co-lead government partnerships for the training vertical with Lead, FLIP to ensure Madhi’s continued partnership with the state
- Represent Madhi in external meetings and articulate Madhi’s vision in a compelling manner
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have a master’s degree in Education
- Possess excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Have exceptional planning skills and sets a high bar of excellence for yourself and your team
- Have demonstrable skills with respect to attention to detail
- Have prior experience working with government stakeholders
Mandatory prerequisites include:
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in teaching, teacher training and programme delivery
- At least 3 years of managerial experience with a team span of minimum 4 members
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of specialisation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to speak, read and understand Tamil
This role will report to:
Senior Manager, Project Management, Ennum Ezhuthum Mission
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Remuneration: 10 – 12 lakhs per annum
Please note: You will be expected to bring your own laptop, with updated software (MS Office 2016)
Link to Application Form: https://forms.gle/N1MPyRNr69ri5TMR6
For more information, please write to: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.