Website Central Square Foundation
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
One of the key areas of CSF’s work is EdTech (Education Technology). Under this thematic area, we focus on how technology can be leveraged to improve the teaching-learning experience within classrooms and at homes – through both student-focussed and teacher- directed interventions. Our goal is to leverage technology to improve foundational learning in primary grades and provide remediation support in middle school.
We do this by funding the creation of public goods to improve the quality of the supply, providing grants to build capacity of early-stage organizations that cater to the target population, building evidence on the efficacy of different EdTech solutions to understand what works and what doesn’t, through government test beds and by driving innovation within government systems by reforming public policy advocacy and strengthening government capacity to enable sustainable large-scale adoption.
The Senior Project Lead, EdTech will be responsible for managing large-scale projects related to EdTech, including, providing close support to our network of grantee organizations, building and managing relationships with EdTech startups and nonprofits for furthering the cause of quality education for every child in India. The Senior Project Lead, EdTech role directly reports to the Director, EdTech.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead and support the growing portfolio of EdTech grantees at CSF. Identify innovative hypotheses based on current and future trends in EdTech and build a pipeline of CSF partners
- Strategise goals with grantees for impacting learners from low income backgrounds
- Closely support grantee organizations on their overall strategy, program rollout, product and content roadmap
- End-to-end project management for grantee organizations/ other projects i.e. including, development of annual / quarterly goals, detailed budget planning, supporting operations, implementation and ensuring timely reporting
- Promote coordination and cross-learning among non-profits demonstrating best practices in specific areas of education
- Management of all internal and external reporting and reviews for the EdTech team – with the leadership, funders and Board members.
- Team management
- Build relationships with experts that support the EdTech grantee portfolio
- Organise learning sessions and learning events for grantees with experts for specific problem statements and issue areas
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters or equivalent degree required (background in business, economics, education, public policy preferred)
- At least 9-12 years of work experience in project management / management consulting / grant management / building startups / accelerators / PE / VC
- Strong project management skills including an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in growing and managing teams
- Strong written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience in the education/ Edtech sector would be preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork, collaboration and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
To apply for this job please visit tcf.kekahire.com.