Website The Climate Group
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Project Officer who will work in Climate Group’s Business Action team in India. The post holder will be responsible to expand our strategies on EV100, which presently targets light and medium-duty vehicles but also derive new ones for the electrification of medium and heavy-duty freight vehicles used by corporates.
The Senior Project Officer, reporting into the Lead of EV100 in India, will support in the scoping, development, and execution of the EV100 initiative and our new work on electric heavy-trucking along with advocacy to drive fast change and impact. The candidate will also support team functions on general tasks including corporate recruitment, engagement, communications fundraising, and convenings.
The role is sited in our Delhi office and will require working closely with teams from our international offices (London and New York), and partner organisations in India and globally.
About Climate Group
Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, New Delhi and New York.
About the role
Climate Group aims to drive the next shift towards India’s clean energy transition by building ambitious coalitions and networks for faster action. One such transition is the shift to electric mobility with significant potential of curtailing emissions, and in supporting the imperatives of temperatures well below 1.5°C. A departure from conventional fossilized-ICE vehicles will help India to address critical present-day challenges of making cities cleaner, congestion-free, lowering dependence on fuel imports and creating jobs.
We are embarking on range of exciting project that aims to elevate electric mobility in India by leveraging the opportunity with Indian business to take lead on EV adoption, and consequently supporting growth and large-scale uptake. The project will work with businesses across industries to foster their ambition through the EV100 platform, and drive action by addressing mobility challenges, implementing scalable business models, publicizing best practices, and informing policy.
Over 100 of world’s leading companies crossing over 80 markets have joined EV100 committing to shun 5 million plus ICE vehicles and move to EVs by 2030. Over twelve India-headquartered companies are part of EV100 as well. The purpose of the role is to advance the efforts of EV100 with a focus on medium and heavy freight.
Key areas of responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Develop and execute the EV100 projects in India and support all allied strategies related to its expansion
- Member company engagement to understand priorities and goals
- Prepare monthly and quarterly operational plans with goals, strategies, initiatives
- Contribute to internal organizational knowledge through market research, communications pieces such as articles and blogs.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as global functional teams including programs, communications, fundraising and finance, as may be needed under the project with clear objectives, scope, outcomes and deliverables.
- Maintain strong relations with external stakeholders such as India-based partners including business associations, civil society, NGOs, think tanks and others.
- Support the India business actions team on other related projects and initiatives as may be required.
Communications and Events
- Support the India leadership and communications team in developing relevant of communication strategies based on project needs and deliverable milestones, and help in generating new thought leadership
- Identify market trends to expand project and influence, and support the delivery of project meetings, and workshops/ conferences
- Work with India and global team to ensure that communications and events align and support the aims of the project and the team’s mission.
- Provide support in ensuring effective external communication of the programs and its impacts through articles, blogs, twitter feeds, LinkedIn etc. with support from India and global communications teams.
- Represent the organization when required to external stakeholders in conference calls and conferences.
- Monitor, evaluate and do reports of projects and programs.
- Contribute to wider India and international organizational strategy.
- Undertake required learning and development programs organized by the organization for individual growth and success of projects
- Input and undertake administrative tasks as and when required for smooth functioning and delivery of projects
- Working flexibly as and when required, e.g., for events and major media moments, and as part of a team crossing international time zones.
- The position reports to the Lead of EV100 in India, and work in collaboration with Climate
- Group’s global cross-functional teams including partner organizations from research, industry associations and the wider civil society.
- Commitment to the mission of the Climate Group and EV100.
- Experience of working on electric mobility and renewable energy projects in India, and knowledge of policies and regulatory frameworks.
- Relevant professional qualification in energy systems, environment or climate policy, development economics, sustainability, or public affairs.
- Ability to do research, synthesize information, and incubate new ideas
- Experience of working with Indian corporations and businesses.
- Track record in project delivery, including managing partners and organizing events
- Demonstrable experience in writing reports, and policy briefs.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, fluent written and spoken English.
- Basic financial skills, including managing and reporting budgets.
- Competent user of MS office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task in small team, manage conflicting priorities and be a strong team player under pressure, and proactively learn and take on roles.
- Strategic thinker and willing collaborator
- Experience of working with mission-led and impact-driven organizations.
- Knowledge about Climate Group’s other core focus areas including renewable electricity, energy productivity, energy efficiency in buildings, heavy industries etc. with an ability to quickly learn new content as markets develop.
- Existing working relations in the electric vehicles space with Central and State government agencies, research organizations, civil society, NGOs etc.
- Understanding and appreciation of the role of NGOs and corporations in transforming policies and markets to address climate change
- Experience managing relationships and building coalitions among a range of public and private sector stakeholders
- Strong people management and negotiation skills.
- Exposure to fundraising/ proposal writing and donor interaction
- Knowledge of project management software like Salesforce/ FinancialForce
You will be employed at our Delhi office. Since the pandemic and subsequent lockdown restrictions, our Delhi office has been working mostly from home, but a transition back to our permanent office is underway. Going forward, we expect staff to balance home working and office working and to be in the office 3 days a week.
Domestic and international travel may be required.
What we offer
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days leave per annum
- Health insurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Gratuity benefit
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy. Should you require further information, please contact Atul Mudaliar, Head of Business Actions, India at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The closing date for submitting your application is June 13, 2022.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the India is a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.
To apply for this job please visit theclimategroup.peoplehr.net.