Website International Potato Center (CIP)
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Associate Scientist or Senior Research Associate in Seed Science to lead our Odisha potato program involving seed system development, Small Farmers Large Field (SFLF) group farming and capacity building of local partners in the state. This recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor’s approval.
Based on the experience, skills, and performance during the interview, any of the two positions can be offered.
About the role:
The selected candidate should be driven by the desire to achieve impact on high quality development interventions in close coordination with OUAT, DoH and CPRI. She/he will have overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and reporting. The successful candidate will directly supervise other scientists to be hired for the project. This position will report to the Regional Director for Asia and be based in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, and the assignment will include frequent travel to different project districts in Odisha.
- Supervise a team of researchers and technician who execute a project to guarantee its correct development and outcomes.
- Produce scientific papers to be submitted and published to contribute with the dissemination and knowledge of the research project.
- Provide oversight and guidance to researchers to contribute with their professional develop and research projects deliverers.
- Advise and provide feedback to the projects activities to achieve the results expected.
- Facilitate and provide relevant information about the available resources to support the research project.
- Develop policy analysis, research, and evaluation plans to guarantee the researchers and technicians have a protocol to follow while doing the experiment.
- Develop experiment trials to guarantee the proper development of the research experiment.
- Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in breeding/seed system/agronomy/social sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the agriculture field, coordinating multi-institutional collaboration projects.
- Experience in tissue culture-based potato seed production.
- Experience in fundraising research.
- Desirable Project Management studies or certifications.
- More than 5 publications in peer-reviewed journals indexed as the main author (desirable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Oriya.
- Willingness to travel frequently within Odisha.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
To apply for this job please visit cgiar.zohorecruit.com.