Website Tata Institute of Social Sciences
You will work with the centre faculty/project lead and other team members to assist the UNICEF
supported research study.
• Source and summarise secondary research to establish the importance of libraries as physical spaces to improve literacies ranging from foundational to critical to cultural
• Present an analysis of various policies and frameworks related to libraries, especially in the context of Maharashtra
• Design and conduct a survey to understand the nuances of the libraries that exist in government elementary schools in Maharashtra with respect to availability, quality, access and use of library resources, teacher preparedness in identifying, selecting and facilitating the use of resources, stakeholders’ perceptions regarding use of libraries
• Train interns to conduct field visits, gather data and present rudimentary analysis
• Visit the field (across select districts of Maharashtra) to gather first-hand information with
• Contribute to drafting the report
• Organise data collection using ethical framework and analyse the data
• Analyse trends with regards to the availability of, access to and use of resources in the library,
• Identify gaps between policy and practice and similarities and differences in stakeholder perceptions
• Identify and document best practices adopted by government school libraries
• Document processes and findings to feed into presentations and the report
• Ability to leverage technology for work such as the use of Google Drive, Learning Management Platforms such as Google Classroom, etc
• Good Communication Skills and a B2 proficiency level in English
• Proficiency in Marathi will be preferred
• Good Academic writing skills including experience in writing academic articles and book /book chapters
• Ability to meet deadlines and work on a range of production tasks.
• Ability to use various social media for academic purposes will be preferred
• Two to three years’ experience of independently conducting research.
• Experience in research in the area of education. Should have presented two papers at national/international conferences.
• Experience in field observation and data collection.
• Experience in independently handling tasks with tight deadlines and with attention to detail.
• Designing and administering research tools
• Experience in data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative
• Experience in drafting research papers and reports.
• Project management experience will be preferred
Qualifications: Applicants must have a postgraduate/doctoral degree in Education. A doctoral degree in either Humanities (Social Science/English) or Education is required.
Duration: Six Months (extendable based on project need and performance)
Remuneration: Gross monthly remuneration for the position is in the range of Rs. 55,000/- to 75,000/- per month, commensurate with qualification and experience.
Location: CETE, TISS, Mumbai
Application process and interview
(a) Candidates are requested to fill the application form https://bit.ly/CETE-TISSApplicationsforNonTeaching-Aug22 and after submitting the form to take a screenshot and send the same to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions regarding the positions, please email
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Candidates are requested to write the position name in the subject line of email while sharing the screenshot of the submission and other documents
(c) Short-listed candidates may be invited for Written/ Personal Interaction/ skill test for evaluating their proficiency and skills depending upon Covid-19 situation
(d) Candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the Written/ Personal Interaction/ skill test to be conducted at TISS, Mumbai
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com