UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Software Products for Member States Unit (SPMS) under the Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for developing a suite of innovative software deployed at close to a hundred Member States to operationalize UNODC’s mandates in countering corruption, controlling illicit drugs, and fighting financial and organized crime.
Within delegated authority and in close cooperation with the Product Manager, SPMS, the Software Developer will be responsible for the Duties and Responsibilities mentioned in the section below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, test and debug applications and web applications, web services using established standards for IT technologies, programming languages, and tools including Microsoft .NET technologies (ASP.NET MVC, WPF, C#), and Oracle PL-SQL.
• Independently liaise with users to get/analyse requirements.
• Prepare technical and user documentation for deployed computer application systems, as well as training materials using UNODC standard tools: Visio and MS Office products.
• Support QA testing efforts, including manual and automated tests.
• Perform any other work-related duties as required.
• Professionalism: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong analytical, research, reporting and writing abilities. Strong organizational and process management competencies. Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to produce a variety of written media products in a clear, concise, journalistic style. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within the prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Required Skills and Experience
• University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, or related field
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas.
• Experience with agile development approaches and associated development techniques is required.
• Experience in .NET Core, Windows WPF and PowerBuilder development is desirable.
• Experience with frameworks such as Microsoft TFS is desirable.
• Fluency in English (Required).
The remuneration package is Rs 213,578/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work-life balance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.partneragencies.net.