Website Waste Warriors
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to work remotely or from our head office in Dehradun. You will be reporting to the Communications Lead, in tight collaboration with the Communications Coordinator and Officers across all WWS locations.
Your work will focus on producing material after consultation and communication with Communication Officers/POCs and/or Project Managers in Dehradun, Dharamshala, and Corbett. You will be tasked with producing primarily photo and video engaging content for our digital platforms, primarily social media.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consolidate the WWS social media accounts under the guidance of the Communications Lead.
- Coordinate with Communication Officers/POCs and/or Project Managers to receive material collected at the various project locations in raw photo, video and audio format to produce digital content.
- Collate the material received in coordination with the Communications Lead and Coordinator to produce a content calendar, mapped on WWS events as well as relevant and trending events of national and international importance.
- Ensure the content calendar and scheduling tool are covering all project locations adequately and proportionately to the importance of their events both for WWS, funders and project partners including local government, businesses and civil society.
- Write, edit and design posts that are engaging, creative, relevant, aesthetic, and resonant with the WWS brand.
- Schedule posts to be distributed at maximum efficiency and engagement days and timings.
- Produce regular reports to demonstrate the impact of the messages communicated.
- Oversee the production and follow-up of social media promotions when required.
- Other cognate and related duties as may be required from time to time by WWS.
An Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have completed at least a Bachelor’s degree or professional diploma (for example in Media Studies, Mass Comm., Journalism, Language, etc.)
- Be proficient in the use of Canva for campaign designs, photo and video editing.
- Be proficient in the use of a scheduling/content management tool such as Hootsuite or other.
- Be fluently in both written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Have a proven track record of Social Media Management (SMM), reflected in their personal social media use.
- Have the creative flair and be keen to make great copy.
- Stay ahead of trends and conversations that can create engagement and give WWS a louder voice and create content that makes WWS participate in those trends.
- Be proficient in using and sharing material from Google Drive and Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) as well as WeTransfer, DropBox etc.
- Have intermediate experience in using multiple social media platforms effectively and be in touch with trends such as Spaces, Reels etc.
- Have a genuine interest in working in the social sector and be conscious of waste as a problem which you would like to contribute to solve.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Access to your own computer is absolutely necessary.
- Great people skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and respect calendars and schedules.
- Proactive, creative, and with a problem-solving attitude.
- Able to effectively manage workload and demonstrated capacity to deliver work from any location.
Hardworking, confident, and diligent.
INR 400000 – INR 500000/yr
To apply for this job please visit wastewarriors.skillate.com.