Website Piramal Foundation
The Special Educator & Counsellor will be responsible for designing and implementing annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for Children with Special Needs to include – present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals. You will also work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed, adapt lessons to meet the needs of students and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
The Special Educator & Counsellor will lead the below initiatives across districts in the State of Rajasthan:
Parents and Children Counselling:
– Focus on counselling (offline and/or online), providing therapy & guiding parents one on one as well as in group sessions.
– Create home programs for parents/guardians & train them on the delivery of the said program.
– Provide intervention for academic as well as need-based counseling for referred cases.
– Help students develop an empathetic understanding towards their fellow classmates with disabilities.
Teacher’s Capacity Building:
– Train the Piramal Village Inclusive School teachers to implement first level of screening for learning disabilities through BCSLD checklist (Behavioral Checklist for Screening the Learning Disabled).
– Coordinating and guiding teachers on effective programs and classroom interventions for students.
– Research and create more intervention modules in collaboration with the team.
Support Livelihood Center:
– Conduct various workshops for students, parents and school staff.
– Conduct in-house trainings with resource members.
– Conduct vocational guidance counseling for subject selection of CBSE and RBSE.
– Guide visiting professionals (visiting teachers, placement officers, trainer) on a regular basis to ensure positive and continuous development in the children.
– Attend pediatric neurology and rural medical camps.
Desired Skills and Experience
To apply for this job please visit www.iimjobs.com.