Website Doctors Without Borders
Position: Specialised Medical Doctor (Paediatrician)
No of vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 123,750/-
Expected Start Date: 10th June 2022
Closing date: 24th May 2022 by 10 PM
Application Form: https://forms.gle/R7qWpSa1S9XoMs447
Email to: email@example.com
Doctors Without Borders/ Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. DWB offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Doctors Without Borders has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, treatment and care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. An important subject for our action is containing the effect of antibiotic resistance. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare, and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment everywhere. Doctors Without Borders was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999. Doctor without Borders India (DWBI) runs projects in the states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, and Manipur.
Doctors Without Borders India’s (DWBI) Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (DRTB) project in Mumbai
Free treatment, care and support to DR-TB patients
- The collaborative project within NTEP [National Tuberculosis Elimination Program] for DRTB – patient management at Shatabdi Hospital, Govandi – OPD, community outreach medical and patient support activities in M/East Ward area
- Medical, “Psychosocial Support” and “Infection Prevention and Control” in GTB Hospital, Sewri
- The independent clinic in Govandi to provide free and quality care to the most severe cases of DRTB
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment while respecting DWBI protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations, and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following DWBI protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material.
- Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care related to TB/DR-TB.
- Knows and ensures all DWBI medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to DWBI HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, and directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Provide quality outpatient/clinical consultations and follow-ups to all DRTB patients including those with comorbidities like DM, HIV and others in collaboration with NTEP in the M-east ward, in outreach, and also in DWBI clinic as needed as per the MSF/WHO and NTEP protocols
- Ensure that all DSTB and DR TB patients receive appropriate, all-oral, individualized treatment regimens according to LPA, DST.
- To be the focal point for patients needing combo(DLM +BDQ+-imp based )regimens.
- To organize case discussions weekly, design the appropriate regimens for complex cases and be responsible for clinical follow up and monitoring of patients. To ensure that all data related to these patients is captured in the patient files.
- Discuss cases with NTEP consultant chest physician Dr Vikas Oswal for regimen finalization for complex cases and advocate for all oral effective appropriate regimens at each meeting
- Discussing complex paediatric cases together with paediatrician and making a plan for hospitalization as needed.
- Focal point for deciding on hospitalization needs of the patient and referring to appropriate govt facilities for management.
- To follow up these admitted patients admitted in GTB hospital/other facility and liaise with respective chest physicians of these facilities to discuss the treatment management. Visit the facilities as needed.
- Focal point for assessing patients with COPD, post TB sequelae and cases needing palliative care and making treatment management plans in consultation with the MTR
- To document cases and reports for presentation/reporting/case discussion and prepare a medical discussion with medical technical referent and relevant service components in the medical team.
- Participate in pharmacovigilance documentation and reporting.
- Represent DWBI among assisted population and partner organizations in meetings and conferences pertaining to the topic of DR-TB.or any co-infections
- Maintain confidentiality in all roles and activities.
- Provide medical expertise in training/educational activities about TB and other comorbidities for patients and their supporting families, NGO partners, and other DWBI target populations.
- To be flexible to rotate all interventions of the project.
MBBS degree with full & valid registration from Medical Council of India or state medical councils and medical specialization in pulmonology/chest medicine.
- Preferably at least 3 years of work experience as a specialized doctor, including experience with HIV, TB and/or MDRTB.
- Experienced in performing tissue aspirates techniques for diagnosis.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Essential computer skills (especially MS Office MS Word and MS Excel) & reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi & Marathi.
HR & Benefits (Non-negotiable)
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 123,750/-
Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please fill out the application form:https://forms.gle/R7qWpSa1S9XoMs447 by 24th May 2022 by 10:00 pm.
In case of any technical issue or query please reach out on : firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.