Website Evidence Action
Job Title: Sr./Program Associate
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Position Location: New Delhi
Grade: Level 4
Number of position: 1
Apply by: November 6, 2022
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs, including in India. Meanwhile, Dispensers for Safe Water provided 4M people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at the source. These serve as just two examples of the work Evidence Action is undertaking.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique Accelerator to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost-effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact. In 2019 we launched an ambitious new strategy, intending to double our impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.
Evidence Action has a presence across 7 countries, with major offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Delhi, India; and Washington, D.C. Evidence Action’s programs have been recognized by GiveWell, the Skoll Foundation, the Life You Can Save, Giving What We Can, and covered in the Economist, NPR, and the New York Times.
In India, Evidence Action’s technical partner EAII Advisors provides technical assistance to select state government’s ministries of health, education, and women and child development to implement the school and Anganwadi based National Deworming Day program and Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation program to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development. In the long term EAII Advisors aims to expand to provide technical support to more state governments and on other public health & nutrition issues too.
EAII Advisors invites applications for the position of Program Associate to be based at the New Delhi office.
About the Position:
The Program Associate (PA) will support the successful rollout of various activities related to program implementation at the national level. The Program Associate will provide support to the National Program Manager and coordinate with the program team at the Delhi office in all aspects of program implementation, including strategic planning, development of operations plans, capacity building, IEC and community mobilization efforts, other program and financial management related requirements. The PA will also be the focal person to facilitate documentation and reporting requirements for internal program management and reporting purposes. The PA will be required to travel to states to support and review programs for about 15 % of the time.
Reporting to the National Program Manager, the Program Associate will work in close coordination with the program and other teams at the Delhi office and state teams for appropriate functions.
- Assist National Program Manager in the development and/or adaptation and dissemination of programs and related materials- for advocacy, trainings, awareness, monitoring and others as required at the state and national level as appropriate;
- Assist National Program Manager in policy and advocacy work with key stakeholders both at the national and state level as appropriate;
- Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly and annual work plans and operational plans for national level program activities;
- Assist with the monitoring of activities and program expenditures as per the agreed work plans and budgets;
- Coordinate with the program team at the Delhi office to track progress and performance of state program activities as per approved work plans and program strategy;
- Support program team in effective integration of deworming intervention in the annual work plans and Program Implementation Plans (PIPs) of state health missions;
- Coordinate with program team at the Delhi office in the consolidation of recommendations and next steps for advocacy with state governments on program (Approved in RoP) budgets and work plans;
- Consolidate quarterly and annual donor reports and related documentation for review by National Program Manager;
- Develop and produce documents, briefs, and presentations according to the program and organization’s standard guidelines for internal program needs and external dissemination;
- Assist National Program Manager in all activities required to ensure quality technical assistance to national and state governments;
- Undertake other duties as necessary as and when assigned by the National Program Manager.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Post graduate degree in social sciences, public health, health management, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience working with international organizations/national and/or state level governments for public health sector related assignments.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and working with teams at the national and state level.
- Strong interest in social programs, passionate to make an impact and desire to be a part of a young and diverse team.
- Strong program management skills and strict adherence to deadlines.
- Good knowledge of public sector health systems and knowledge of school and anganwadi based health programs e.g. Maternal/Child health (preferred).
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi are essential.
- Computer skills, MS office.
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality results, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Interpersonal skills- the ability to work with a multicultural and diverse team with various levels of training and understanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Good at documentation and data management skills.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with the individual’s credentials, experience, and previous pay scale.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.