Website Bachpan Bachao Andolan
Key Responsibility Areas
Raid & Rescue
- Identification and raid & rescue operation
- Coordination for identification /survey child labour prone areas, victims of sex trafficking, forced labour, children in bondage and respond to complaints received from parents/citizens.
- Collect specific information regarding child labour and their employers, traffickers and organize raid/rescue operations.
- At least one new area for raid and rescue operations to be identified for child labour prone areas, victims of sex trafficking, forced labour etc.
- Identification of areas vulnerable to sex trafficking/forced labour trafficking
- Responsible for rescue of targeted children from forced labour.
- Responsible for increase in number of prosecution of offenders booked under different relevant acts of law.
- Responsible for training of law enforcement agencies for smooth functioning of raid and rescue operation
- Ensure that FIR to be registered under- In CLPRA, Bonded, Cr IPC (Sec. 370), JJ, ST/SC Act, POCSO (If Applicable)
- Making best efforts for Building/property to be sealed and Traffickers/employers/owner arrested
- Challan to submitted for fine
- Customer arrested (CSEoC)
- Making effort for increase in registration of cases
- Responsible for repatriation
Rehabilitation and Follow up
- Ensuring that Rehabilitation process of rescued children is complete in all respects. Both legally, socially and psychologically.
- Follow up with the law enforcement agencies for the early issue of Release certificates and proper filing of cases.
- Follow up of the rescued location/ places to assess the impact of the rescue operation.
- Assist legal officer for the follow up of raid and rescue activities.
- Ensure that bank account of the child is opened
- Enroll rescued children into school/Vocation training Center
- Ensure and support in collection of fine under MC Mehta
- Ensure Back wages compensation to given
- Ensure Release certificate is issued and handed over to the rescued children
- Release Certificate to be submitted to DM
Networking and Coordination with the Law Enforcement Agency(LEA’s)
- Liaison with law enforcement agencies for conducting rescue operations & help in strengthening the organizations work.
- Participation in District Task Force meetings with the vision to rescue and rehabilitation of victims of trafficking
- Capacity Building of LEAs and CSOs through training programs, policy drafting, action plan drafting and consultations on various Acts specifically JJ Act, Child Labour Act, Trafficking, Rehabilitation etc
- Participation in Pre/Actual rescue operation planning.
- Liaison with local NGOs and civil society members.
- Organise seminars, workshops, awareness programmes, trainings with law enforcement officers and beneficiaries.
- Prepare process documentation in chronological order of every rescue operation including experiences and outcomes.
- Preparation of monthly action plan
- Detailed report on every identification area/locations
- Detailed meeting reports of every meeting with SDM, DM etc.
- Time-line to be maintained and submitted
- Participation in all the campaigns on different issues
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of your level of skills and experience, as and when assigned by the supervisor
Key Performance Indicators
Your overall performance will be evaluated on month-to-month in addition to annual review on the following parameters: –
- Number of children Rescued
- Number of Victims of Child Sex trafficking rescued
- Number of Traffickers/employers Arrested
- Number of Customers of Sex Trafficking Arrested (under Section 6 of ITPA)
- Number of Factories/Brothels Sealed/attached
- Number of Convictions Made
- Amount of Compensation received
- Number of RCs issued
- Any Innovative Ideas /Solutions shared related to work front.
- Quality and timelines of Documentation
Education -Minimum Graduate
Experience- 3 to 7 years of Relevant experience, working in Child Rights space
- Knowledge of Child Rights Law
- Comfortable to travel extensively in field area
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Leaves
- Opportunity to work for cause of Children
- AVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit recruit.zohopublic.com.