Website The Apprentice Project (TAP)
About The Apprentice Project (TAP)
The Apprentice Project (TAP) is a for impact organization determined to transform Government / low income schools by offering holistic development of all children. At TAP, we use choice-based learning (Visual arts, Performing arts or STEM) to develop social-emotional skills. With this initiative, TAP aims to empower children from low-income schools to be leaders of today and tomorrow. The TAP core team (Co-founders and Leadership) comprises alumni from Harvard University, The Indian Institute of Management, and Teach For India.
The TAP Leadership team believes that all children irrespective of their background should get the skills and resources to realize who they are and achieve what they want to do. TAP is supported by Harvard University, IIM Bangalore, Nudge Foundation, Capgemini, Schlumberger, and others. In 2020-21 TAP, directly and indirectly, impacted 12000+ children across India through the online model.
Why work at TAP?
• Our goal is to develop children into future leaders by mentoring them in a subject they are passionate about. If this is a goal you relate to, why not make it your Ikigai ?
• We teach our students to do what they love, and hope to encourage the same in our team by giving our staff autonomy in decision making, and encouraging activities for them to inculcate leadership skills.
• You will be part of a dynamic team that is data driven and passionate about finding new opportunities to upgrade their skills and research new tech-based solutions to impart leadership skills in students.
• You will be a part of the growing community of TAP’s highly-skilled staff and volunteer mentors from institutions/organizations like IIT, NID, FTII, Oracle, Citibank, Thermax, etc.
The STEM Team Lead (Coding and Makerspace/Electronics) will assist the STEM Manager in running the vertical. The Team Lead will work with the mentors to find solutions for issues that may arise in regular working of the programme, support in large scale operations and logistics, and research and update the STEM curriculum.
Location : Remote work during COVID-19 pandemic, after that Pune/Mumbai.
Time Commitment : Full Time
Reporting to : STEM Manager
Key Job Area
1. Programme Management:
● Support in designing and executing training sessions throughout the year to allow for TAP facilitators to understand and teach the STEM curriculum.
● Ensure effective implementation of curriculum through TAP mentors.
● Collect feedback from TAP mentors to measure the efficacy of the curriculum and implement relevant feedback.
2. Stakeholder Management:
● Liaise with the schools to ensure all the material and equipment for the leadership building activities are operational.
● Manage the relationship with the school to understand their needs and provide assistance in a timely manner.
● Problem-solve issues faced by schools/mentors in implementing programmes.
3. Curriculum Management:
● Assist STEM Manager in researching, identifying and curating up-to-date, relevant and high-quality content for the STEM (Coding and Electronics) from across the world.
● Contextualise researched content for TAP’s program and the Indian scenario.
● Organise the curriculum into well-constructed lesson plans that follow industry best practices around pedagogy & behaviour management and are easily implementable for TAP mentors.
● Assist STEM Manager in documenting curriculum, updating content, and effective dissemination across all TAP stakeholders
● Assist in conducting detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis on the outputs and outcomes of the STEM curriculum and present it to the team on a quarterly basis.
Qualifications & Experience
● Graduate/Postgraduate in the field of STEM preferred.
● 0+ years of relevant full-time work experience across sectors.
● Professional experience in the field of STEM (Coding and Electronics) preferred.
● Experience of working with children and varied teams.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Detail orientation
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
● Passionate about leadership skill-building in children
● Is an organised thinker
● Able to navigate through ambiguity
The individual will receive the compensation at par with the sector benchmark for this position,
commensurating with the individual’s prior experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.