Website Swaniti Initiative
- Supporting mining-affected communities with increased employment opportunities
- Strengthening delivery of quality healthcare to mining-affected communities
- Ensuring that innovative programs are adopted and strengthened
- Overall improvement in social and economic indicators
About The Organization
Swaniti Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to deliver development solutions by working in partnership with the central, state, and district governments. We leverage on-the-ground presence and the use of data and technology tools to strengthen the last-mile delivery of programs to the most vulnerable populations.
About The Position
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen on taking up a leadership role in the development sector. The Team Lead shall represent Swaniti and will lead a team working in close coordination with District Administration for goals like unemployment reduction, livelihood generation, improving educational outcomes, ensuring healthcare delivery, and poverty reduction. The Program manager would have quantifiable targets on how to most effectively deploy and manage programs and resources under the district minerals fund. The key role of leading the Project team would be to strategically identify projects and ensure the appropriate monitoring and impact assessment are done. The Team Lead will also have to demonstrate the ability to manage the team effectively. With the support of the team, the Team Lead would be expected to formulate and implement an end-to-end strategy, while maintaining a consistent liaising with the district administration.
- Post-graduate degree in any field with a preference for those possessing a degree in rural development, the management, or public administration. Candidates having masters from Tier 1 institutions
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the development sector. Preference is given to candidates possessing experience working directly with grant-making foundations and/or district administration.
- At least 1 year of experience of working in a leadership position where the team size was bigger than 4 members
Stakeholder Relationship Management and Team Building
- Team Lead will represent Swaniti Initiative at District Level and function in coordination with the State Projects Lead of Swaniti Initiative. The day to day responsibilities will be carried out in coordination with the district administration and the authorities.
- Identify key high impact projects that will result in significant (quantifiable) improvements in the life of those affected by the mining sector activities.
- Put in place the appropriate monitoring system to assess how ongoing projects are improving quality of life.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the district and state level to provide them with appropriate reporting of ongoing programs.
- Respond to any needs of the administration, including providing them with innovative ideas about incoming programs.
- Establish consistent communication networks with all external and internal stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
- Document the findings and the best practices and present at various platforms
- Building a motivated and skilled team at the district level and managing the same through constructive interventions
Institutionalising Systemic Changes
- The Team Lead will be expected to function as a resource person to the district and come up with recommendations which may support the government in initiating and institutionalising required structural changes.
Project Planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation
- Conceptualize a wide range of impactful projects and implement the same for achievement of the goals at the district level.
- Collaborate with different verticals of Swaniti Initiative in formulating, strategizing, implementing and evaluating action research projects
- Develop impact evaluation matrix for the projects to ensure appropriate monitoring of the program.
- Work with the Swaniti team to identify innovative programs and projects.
Reporting and Communication
- The Team Lead will function in close coordination with the Swaniti Initiative, and District Collector
Skills Required And Personality Traits Preferred
- Leadership Skill
- Team Management
- Strategic Planning
- Government Liaison
- Project Management
- Documentation and
- Communication – Proficiency in Verbal and Written English
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Google Drive and Survey Forms
- Emailing and Video Conferencing
- Tech Savvy
- Quick Learner
Locations – Godda / Pakur district -Jharkhand
To apply for this job please visit www.idealist.org.