Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
About the Social Compact team:
The Social Compact team within Dasra drives initiatives aimed at ensuring better lives for India’s informal workers. The Social Compact initiative is a multi-stakeholder platform that brings Industry, non-profits and experts into a co-solutioning relationship to ensure greater Dignity and Equity for One Million Industry-engaged Informal Workers in India. Leveraging our on ground intelligence and expertise, 6 key outcomes have been identified, that the industry could help address to enable a more humane and dignified life especially for those working informally – temporary workers, contractual workers or those working in supply chains. The Compact enables companies to reflect on their practices along the six outcome areas and offers valuable recommendations to address gaps. It also then helps companies integrate the prioritized recommendations into “business as usual”. The Social Compact has brought together companies across cities including Forbes Marshall, Godrej Properties, Thermax and others. Some companies have also taken the Compact to their key suppliers to help improve the plight of informal workers within supply chains.
About the role:
Team Leads at Dasra are responsible for end-to-end execution planning, directing, and overseeing the design and execution of various project on a variety of issues. With over 6 years of experience and strong management skills, you are responsible for driving impactful decision-making and nurturing talent within the organization.
Key responsibilities –
- Develop program strategies based on deep understanding of informal worker challenges and issues, leading standards and frameworks including ILO and other leading ESG standards
- Building strategy for institutional strengthening of a unique multi-stakeholder collaborative
- Foster collaboration among key stakeholders including NGOs, businesses, industries, experts, funders and networks to drive outcomes towards worker well-being
- Creating strategies to codify the best practices for informal workers in Indian industries; disseminating innovative solutions to a build a community of practice and grow the movement
- Developing strategy to grow the initiative
- Support the team to develop and oversee project management systems and tracking of deliverables against the Annual Project Plans.
- Independently support the creation of one or more project plans/workstreams and management against those plans from end to end
- Contribute to team- and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces
- Build and manage relationships with non-profits, businesses and industry champions
- Tracking reporting requirements across internal teams for external reporting purposes
- Under minimal supervision performs complex assignments and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on professional judgment /precedent.
- Translate insights into team level learnings and efficiencies
- In a supervisory role, the individual usually handles work assignments, responsible for quality, motivation, training and problem solving.
Areas of Expertise:
- 6-8 years of experience in the Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on research, consulting, writing, knowledge management and multi-stakeholder engagement and sector knowledge of labour issues or social sustainability is a bonus
- Sharp written and communication skills, and able to build frameworks to communicate a compelling narrative with some, but minimal guidance.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to define project scopes, plan with some support and guidance, manage the project team and ensure work efficiency and quality while managing budgets, and adhering to deadlines.
- Able to interact with and engage funders with trust and confidence and begins to move from only execution to also managing relationships with some support/guidance
- Develop and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders with trust and confidence and guide them towards determined goals/projects/deliverables
- Strong commitment and ability to develop a team and nurture talent to deliver excellent results
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a willingness and ability to build systems and processes, work independently, bring structure, as well as think and act creatively in a resource-constrained environment
- Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve
Duration: Full time
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway. We’d love the opportunity to determine whether you could be a great fit.
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.