Website GIZ India
A. About GIZ India
For details, click on: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/368.html
B. Project Background
The project Promoting the Transformation to Sustainable and Climate-Friendly Electric Mobility in India is being carried out on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) together with the Indian Ministry of Heavy Industry and other partner agencies. The aim of the project is to improve the conditions for coupling the transport and energ sectors for climate-friendly electromobility.
The project is part of the German Indian Partnership for Green Urban Mobility. The Technical Cooperation module makes a direct contribution to programme objective indicator 1.2 “Urban mobility systems are available to a total of 1,262,961 more people”. With the development of recommendations for the improvement of the state funding program for electric mobility (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles- FAME) for the third phase, which begins in April 2022, the attractiveness of state funding for the procurement of electric vehicles (including electric buses) in cities can be increased. The project also makes a direct contribution to the programme objective indicator 2.1.
The number of public planning processes carried out in a participatory and intersectoral manner has increased by 17″ It strengthens technical and planning capacities as well as cooperation structures so that concepts for electromobility are planned and implemented intersectoral in Indian cities with the involvement of relevant stakeholder groups. By promoting the use of electric vehicles in cities, diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles are being replaced. The sector coupling envisaged by the project means that renewable energies (RE) can increasingly be used for the operation of electric vehicles.
Overall, this leads to a reduction in CO2, whereby the project contributes to the achievement of programme target indicator 3.1 “The amount of greenhouse gases (GHG) saved has increased by 1,222 million tonnes per year”.
GIZ is looking for a Technical Advisor, Energy to support the Promoting the transformation to sustainable and climate-friendly electric mobility in India project, working in a small team of passionate and goal-driven individuals and responsible for:
• Providing technical expertise, advice, and support in collaborating with partners and steering consultants in implementing the project/activities effectively.
• Providing technical inputs in preparation and reviewing of various technical products developed under the project.
• Implementing daily operational aspects related to the project with focus sustainable urban transport.
• Supporting the team in steering and management of contracts with partners, international and national consultants.
• Contributing to conceptual and strategic development of project goals, activities, and operational planning in close collaboration with the team
• Conceive new ideas and provide support in developing new partnerships.
• Take-up training related activities as part of the project and with partner institutions.
• Steering the branding and communication activities in the project.
D. Core scope of Tasks
1. Professional Advisory Services
• Providing technical know-how in EV battery ecosystem, battery usages, swapping and recycling related aspects including the policy and regulatory environment.
• Providing technical know-how in public and private charging infrastructure roll out including the policy and regulatory environment.
• Provide holistic (including technical) understanding about the entire charging infrastructure deployment ecosystem, such as policy advocacy, deployment plans, renewable energy integration, grid integration, building byelaws for charging infrastructure etc.
• Providing technical inputs specifically in the field of climate mitigation in the transport sector
• Collecting, compiling, analysing, and consolidating data and research relevant to urban transport at national, state and city level and relating it to urban planning.
• Technical review and quality assurance of deliverables from national and international consultancy teams and implementing partners.
• Supporting the monitoring of project results, usage of GIZ specific management instruments and documentation and communication of project activities.
2. Networking and Cooperation
• Formulates project action plans/activities and helps synchronize the planning and budgeting system with partners’ mechanism and systems.
• Supports the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, communication, and documentation of the project.
• Undertaking field visits (national/international) in accordance with project requirements.
3. Knowledge Management
• Provides input for development of brochures, annual reports, and technical material (best practices, project success stories) for dissemination
• Organising knowledge and experience-sharing events and workshops with partners.
4. Coordination Tasks
• Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project.
• Coordinating with all project stakeholders for assessing project-progress and monitoring impact
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• BE/B. Tech (Engineering) or B.Sc. science (Physics)
• Postgraduate in Electrical/Electrical-Electronic/Mechanical Engineering or Physics or equivalent from reputed institution with minimum 7 years of post-qualification relevant professional experience.
• At least 5 years of working experience in the subject of Energy Sector.
• At least 2 years of working experience in Electric Vehicle and Charging Infrastructure.
• Any prior experience in working with ministries and State/City Government will be an asset.
• Knowledge of the political and environmental situation in India regarding clean energy development, Electric mobility, and climate change.
• Domain of commercial software (MS Office) and basic skills to understand the SCADA, IT or related software used in distribution sector and EV domain.
• Strong networking and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to navigate effectively and outcome oriented in political environments and multistakeholder settings.
• Practical experience in advising senior technical staff and decision makers in public administrations.
• Experience of working with multilateral/bilateral agencies would be desirable.
• Proven competencies in identifying and implementing capacity development measures.
F. Location: New Delhi
G. Duration of the contract: 01 August 2022 until 31 May 2025
H. Last date of receiving application: 15 June 2022
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
• Please note that those individuals who have completed a consultancy assignment with GIZ in less than 6 months prior to the intended start date for this position will not be shortlisted due to organisational policy.
How to Apply:
Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• A maximum of 2 pages note on any one of the topics given below:
➢ Will vehicle to grid (V2G), vehicle to home (V2H), and demand response technologies and programs transform the role of the vehicle and how utilities manage the grid and customer energy use?
➢ How can uptake of renewal energy be increased in E-Mobility?
➢ How will Transport as a Service (TaaS) alter the current paradigm of vehicle ownership and the adoption of shared electric vehicles? Will TaaS only be adopted in large urban centres?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com