The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking two Technical Specialists in the Knowledge Leadership (KL) team to support with the implementation of multiple research, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management activities related to GAIN’s efforts to digitize fortification quality and strengthen enabling environments under the digital QA/QC project.
These roles are offered on a full time, fixed term contract of up to 3.5 years, subject to funding and can be based in any of the following GAIN offices: Dhaka, Bangladesh, Abuja, Nigeria or New Delhi, India.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
Under supervision of the Research Advisor and the Senior Project Manager and working with staff from relevant programmatic areas across GAIN, the Technical Specialists will manage a range of tasks related to program support (research, evaluation, and knowledge management activity) and support the development of learning agendas. This will include the integration of implementation research, program process and impact evaluation and the translation of that evidence for decision making among diverse audiences.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Designing and implementing the research, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management activities under the digital QA/QC project
- Supporting the implementation of high-quality, technically sound research activities in alignment with GAIN and other relevant research good practice guidelines
- Carrying out literature reviews, stakeholder consultations, evidence synthesis, and other desk activities from development through to implementation
- Supporting in-country field implementation of research, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management activities, including visiting study sites and interacting with project partners to ensure timely and quality progress.
- Carrying out rigorous analyses on quantitative and qualitative data and develop data visualizations
- Contributing to the development of project reports and other knowledge products
- Supporting periodic and donor reporting on the results frameworks and alignment with monitoring systems
- Supporting the KL and LSFF teams to liaise with partners on research and other project activities to ensure a smooth and appropriate collaboration.
- Providing technical support to other programming areas as needed.
To be considered for this role, you will need to meet our criteria that focuses on relevant skills and experience, including;
- Sound professional experience in relevant research, program monitoring and/or evaluation, and knowledge mobilization areas in nutrition, public health, or food systems (or closely related domains)
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, and managing research related to nutrition, public health, agriculture, and/or relevant domains, ideally including field data collection such as surveys
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative or mixed methods research would be an advantage
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and reporting
- Experience working across disciplines and in coordination with multiple partners preferred
- Understanding of gender dynamics in low- and middle-income countries as they related to food production and choices is an asset
- Strong communication and cultural competency skills to work in multicultural environments
About our offer
The starting salaries on offer for this role are as follows:
- Dhaka, Bangladesh: 1,555,584 – 1,777,608 BDT per annum, dependent on experience
- Abuja, Nigeria: 8,923,728 – 10,183,104 NGN per annum, dependent on experience
- New Delhi, India: 1,092,444 – 1,249,668 INR per annum, dependent on experience
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 6th June 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in the country they are applying to work in. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gainhealth.org.