Website British High Commission
Main purpose of job:
The Department for International Trade (DIT), operating from the British High Commission network, is looking to fill a vacancy in our trade team at the British Deputy High Commission in Ahmedabad. The primary role will be to assist UK companies in the sectors of Chemicals, Healthcare and Life sciences to do business in India.
The individual will have to work on the three pillars: Market development, Commercial opportunities and Market access in order to achieve this.
The role would include management of strategic relationships with industry contacts and relevant Government departments, including updating our internal SRM tools. The job holder will also be expected to support with internal official visits and events, and trade delegations.
Gujarat has a strong Chemicals, Healthcare and Life Sciences industry. Working with your manager and colleagues, you will identify and develop an extensive range of contacts in businesses, trade and other government organisations in these sectors, to seek out opportunities for UK businesses, thereby contributing to DIT trade targets.
You will also be a part of the wider Chemicals and Healthcare & Life sciences sector teams in India, reporting to the Senior Sector Manager – Chemicals (based in Mumbai). You will need to be a self-starter, able to manage your own time effectively, evaluating options, impacts, risks and solutions – knowing when and how to seek advice from others. You will also be expected to make a positive contribution to the wider DIT and One-HMG (His Majesty’s Government) team in India.
You will be based out of British Deputy High Commission in Ahmedabad.
The job holder will require
· To identify, validate and deliver a pipeline of potential opportunities for the UK in the region in the Chemicals and Healthcare & Life Science sectors.
· Assist UK companies to access potential opportunities in the region and win business thereby increasing exports to India
· To ensure delivery of internal targets including of Export Wins and Overseas Direct Investment.
· To identify market access barriers for UK companies, and work with trade policy team on resolving them.
· To liaise with senior management of industry and trade associations, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, medical devices manufacturers and distributors and diagnostics labs in Gujarat, and develop a key account management strategy.
· To update internal SRM tools, and extract and disseminate required information to team members.
· To contribute and deliver on planned marketing activities to promote UK companies in Chemicals, Healthcare and Life sciences sectors in Gujarat.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
· Identifying companies in Chemicals, Healthcare and Life Sciences sectors who could offer potential opportunities for supply of products, services and technologies to UK companies, delivering a pipeline of export opportunities for the UK in Gujarat.
· Support UK companies looking to exports and invest in India.
· Support UK business delegations visiting India and Indian business delegations visiting the UK by organising various events and meetings.
· Support our trade policy objectives for the sector (e.g. identifying and tackling market access barriers) and
· Support sector leads in delivering the strategic priorities for the sectors.
In doing so, contribute to delivering DIT’s agreed ambitions for export and overseas direct investment wins, and other metrics for the sectors e.g. customer satisfaction, quality of service, formulating and managing a stakeholder engagement plan to visit these companies.
Ability to communicate with clarity, conviction, integrity and enthusiasm, keeping internal and external stakeholders informed at all times.
Updating relevant and useful sector export/ business opportunities and other information on internal SRM tools.
Ability to work cross sectors if needed, and support wider UK Government objectives, including delivery on events, Ministerial/VIP visits and activities, and trade delegations.
Last date to apply- November 4, 2022
To apply for this job please visit fco.tal.net.