Website Indus Action
About the Indus Action
Indus Action’s mission is to support 1 million vulnerable families to move out of poverty by 2030 via a portfolio of high-leverage welfare schemes and rights. In the last 7 years, we’ve helped state governments build and implement interventions that have helped lakhs of citizens achieve better education and health access outcomes.
Poverty and Human Development Monitoring Agency (PHDMA) has been constituted by Government of Odisha vide their Resolution No. 9038-PTF-I-21/2002-P dated 16.06.2005 under “Fiscal and Administrative Reform Programme” with a view to monitoring and strengthening human development and poverty indicators in Odisha.
Indus Action and PHDMA will be working together towards the broader objective of a poverty-free Odisha. The direction of the partnership will be focusing on the idea of convergence. Convergence in our context, would mean the coming together of multiple activities, departments, schemes, functions and functionaries, with the larger objective of ensuring there is convergence in the delivery of welfare/social security benefits to the last-mile vulnerable citizen, with the objective of sustainably moving them out of poverty.
PHDMA Odisha is working with Indus Action to build a zero poverty (on MPI scale) achievement roadmap for Odisha. This mission will be aligned to 2030 SDG vision and 2036 vision (100 years of State formation) for Odisha that is being developed by the CMO. Indus Action is looking for a Young Professional who can work within PHDMA PMU sensing data from on ground development ecosystems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Engage with families, especially from rural areas, economically and socially disadvantaged categories, and difficult geographical areas.
- Engage with village level, gram panchayat level, block level and district level functionaries around specific agenda around social development.
- Drive onground partnership with local NGOs and other civic bodies.
- Build capacity of onground surveyors, field champions and other functionaries (Government and non-government)
Monitoring and Evaluation:-
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation plan preparation and ability to execute the plan on the ground.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the welfare delivery system on the ground and capable of documenting those learning.
- Capable to read and understand the policy and processes on the ground.
- Ability to use technology for data collection and processing.
- Schemes and services-combining schemes in a thematic manner, focusing on a specific demography of individuals.
- Standardize report formats and set up dashboards to share insights and analysis.
- Developing professional knowledge & experience, accessing analytical research techniques and resources on inclusive socio – economic development for designing strategic and long term policies and programmes for the State Government.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Capable to work with Government functionaries and drive the project towards the mutual goal
- Strong analytical (data/evidence gathering, analysis and interpretation, survey design, hypotheses framing and validation) and research capabilities both qualitative and quantitative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel capabilities
- Comfort with technology usage and products
- Working knowledge of Odiya will be added advantage
- Facilitation skill
Behavioral Competencies and Values:
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Time management, ability to keep calm during pressure situations
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Result-driven and outcome focused-approach
- Adaptable and flexible in working style, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a small team without supervision.
Education and Experience:
The Indus action seeks to provide a unique opportunity for persons with 2-3 years of exposure to public policy, planning and development. It seeks to engage persons with passion for development and potential to gain experience in respect of Government policies, programmes in areas that are relevant to development and will provide high quality professional inputs in economics, education, public health and social science.
The Young Professional will be compensated based on the Indus Action‘s compensation benchmarking rubric. The range of compensation will be between 3-5 LPA depending on qualifications, experience and fit to the role
Note:- The candidate would need to use his/her own laptop and the organization will bear the annual maintenance cost upto 12000 per year as per actuals.
The position will be based in Odisha at the district level.
To apply for this job please visit indusaction.zohorecruit.com.