Website Poverty Action Lab
Organization: J-PAL South Asia
Start Date (Earliest): 1 February 2022
Length of Commitment: Two years
The Senior Associate: C-LOP will play an important role by contributing to the CLOP initiative and will closely work with a range of stakeholders to understand the needs of government departments and help them deliver online and blended training modules, creating a continuum of learning opportunities for public officials in India.
The CLOP Initiative is a fund dedicated to support the Government of India’s Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and other Government training institutions in their efforts to assemble a global coalition of knowledge partners and universities. By working in close partnership with DoPT, the CLOP initiative will create a platform that will provide lifelong learning opportunities to public officials in India to build their skills and knowledge across a wide range of domains.
Roles and Responsibilities: The Senior Associate: C-LOP will be responsible to perform a variety tasks including, but not limited to-
- Delivering on a range of tasks related to on-line learning and needs assessment of the training needs and competencies required by public officials
- Coordinating with specific government departments and training institutions to identify the required competencies
- Identify and liaise with global institutions providing on-line, blended and face-to-face content that map to the skills and knowledge identified by DoPT and organize in-person sessions to supplement courses wherever needed
- Contributing to efforts to enable government training institutions to embed the curated on-line courses as a part of their regular training offerings
- Support relationships with all stakeholders by creating periodic updates through documents, presentations etc.
- Create presentations and other collateral as required
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a high performing environment
- A Master’s degree in economics, public policy or related fields is preferred
- Experience in EdTech and managing or leading online learning
Preferred, not required:
- Prior capacity building experience in the development sector, preferably with governments
- Experience working with complex partnerships, especially with governments, donors, and research organisations
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing, conversing and presenting clearly in English
- Proven ability to independently handle multiple diverse assignments simultaneously, successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines while conducting high-quality work
- Ability to work closely with multiple team members in a collaborative manner
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically frequently and flexibly
How to Apply
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Capacity Building and Training job category, then select Senior Associate- C-LOP – J-PAL South Asia and include resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
You are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit apply.povertyactionlab.org.