Website Room To Read
The M&E Officer’s primary responsibilities will include providing support and assistance to Gender Equality and Girls Education Program (GEGEP). The position will report directly to the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and will be based in Country Office New Delhi (INCO). The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer’s primary responsibilities will include lead in designing, implementing and managing our monitoring and evaluation systems across GEP programs and providing guidance and expertise to external agencies in conducting evaluation and assessment studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the RM&E Manager & the Program team, the M& E officer will design, implement and analyze annual monitoring project for Program.
- Collaborate with Program team to implement and maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts in program.
- Implement and analyze evaluation projects based on agreed upon geographic and timing needs.
- Train and mentor staff to help them develop the necessary knowledge and skill sets to run methodologically strong evaluations in their projects and programs and ensure adherence to M&E standard practices, policies and specifications.
- Synthesize and analyze data and write summary reports by program based on the M&E results.
- Conduct periodic data validations and data audits for different project locations.
- Able to develop small scale web/android-based application for data monitoring and formative assessment.
- Able to verify data quality from the online data platform.
- Identify key issues around program quality and links between monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance and improvement
- Recommend improvements to the Senior Manager, RM&E, Program Director/Country Director to more efficiently and effectively manage each program based on M&E findings.
- Work with program staff and HQ staff to codify best practices for Room to Read’s programs so that they can be shared across existing countries of operation and rolled out in new ones
- Innovate new M&E systems and projects in order to continuously improve our work in the field
- Provide information for donor reporting requirements as requested by Room to Read M&E team.
- Travel regularly throughout the year in urban and rural areas to oversee the implementation of our M&E work, train staff and maintain understanding of current stage of development of M&E practice in the organization, and identify where and how M&E practice requires improvement and investment
- Stay informed about research and trends in the area of monitoring and evaluation and recommend improvements to our systems accordingly
- Network with other non-profits running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Represent Room to Read in different forums and advocate the importance of our educational work in the developing world
- Advanced degree in a related field, i.e. education, development
- A minimum of five to seven years of professional experience
- Proven previous experience in research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in data management system
- Strong technical competence in research and monitoring and evaluation methods
- Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on results – sets goals, plans and prioritizes effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data software packages such as SPSS/SAS
- Experience in data entry and analysis
- Ability to travel frequently to provinces throughout India and our Program areas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues, gender issues, including community involvement in schools.
- Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.