Website Swaniti Initiative
Overview of the project:
Swaniti Initiative in collaboration with several civil society organisations will be providing technical Assistance to the Government of Jharkhand to mitigate the effects of climate change on the vulnerable sections. This is envisioned to be done by strengthening the existing schemes and programs implemented by the State that significantly contribute towards climate change mitigation. The larger vision of the programme also looks at how to make Jharkhand a leading State in renewable energy production and consumption while helping the State transition gradually towards more green technology. This is in line with the sustainable development goal of making India a promoter of the use of clean and affordable energy.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for an enthusiastic and curious professional, who is eager to contribute to the government system by providing research inputs and help reengineering the schemes and programs that contribute towards mitigating changing climatic conditions. The work will be focused around need assessment, situation analysis, data analysis, brainstorming with relevant stakeholders and collaborating with the allied departments of the Government of Jharkhand. The associate will be expected to make focused interventions at the parliamentary constituency / district level by working directly with a Parliamentarian and/or a Collector. S/he will be acting as a resource person for the project team, office of the MP, and several departments of the government at the state and the district level and will report directly to the Project Manager of Swaniti Initiative. The position provides tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains while working with the allied departments of the government.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Associate is expected to develop insights by collecting and analysing data from the field research and assist in formulating corresponding strategy for execution of the action plan regarding the aforementioned targets
- Work with the office of the MP (Member of Parliament) and/or the district administration on strategic planning, solution designing and execution of the same in partnership with the line departments
- To develop insight papers for government agencies, partnering organisations and the funding organisation especially on the best practices, scopes and gaps in the transition of the district and state from a fossil fuel run economy to a green economy
- Act as a catalyst for the departments of the state government at the state or the district level
- Represent the organisation on relevant platforms.
- Masters in subjects like Urban planning, Sustainable development, Planning and Architecture, Public Policy, Rural Development/Statistics, Public Policy and Governance etc.
- At least 2 years of work experience with minimum 1 years of prior working experience in integrated projects of mitigating issues of climate change/fossil energy etc
- Excellent communication skills and writing abilities to draft policy memos, proposals and project reports etc.
Skill and aptitude required:
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Critical thinking ability
- Problem Solving skills
- Proficiency in MS office and IT Tools
- Documentation skills
- Presentation skill
Nature of the position: Senior Entry Level
Engagement Type: Full time
Joining date: Immediately
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.