Website Accelerate Indian Philanthropy
Program Associate (PA)
About Accelerate Indian Philanthropy
AIP aims to be India’s leading organization for spurring private philanthropy to meet India’s development challenges. India has seen a rapid rise in average wealth over the last decade. In fact, we are going through a transition similar to the United States in the late 19th/early 20thcentury which saw tremendous wealth creation. But individual philanthropic giving lags far behind in comparison. The majority of philanthropists still face significant headwinds when giving strategically, such as giving towards the end of their life, giving being a small portion of their total wealth, and difficulty in finding trusted philanthropic advisors to help them navigate sectors and organizations. AIP will work with philanthropists in India and with Indian diaspora to give more, give sooner, and give better. We aim to build an organization that fundamentally transforms the individual giving landscape in India and contributes to socio-economic development at a large scale.
We are looking to hire an exceptional Program Associate to join the team to work on building the organization’s overall research in key sectors (health & nutrition, education, environment etc.), sharing insights and supporting in development, implementation and evaluation
This is a great opportunity for those who enjoy working in a start-up environment, enjoy building and scaling organizations, and care deeply about the impact sector. This role includes working with senior stakeholders and engaging with them on strategic projects that have the potential to solve key development challenges.
- Work with CEOs/ Managing Directors (and top leadership including Associate Directors/ Directors) across the organization, execute against the targets, goals in line with budget
- Support the leadership team with research and insight, recommending an appropriate approach
- Oversee the creation of knowledge products across the priority areas, including engaging in secondary research, speaking with experts and synthesizing data from multiple data points
- Take on diverse operational tasks to ensure organizational success
- Assist the leadership team with creating and maintaining deep engagement with top leaders, funders and experts
- Maintain and grow the existing influencer/ advisor network and initiate/participate in wide range of interventions, not limited to one-to-one meetings, proposals, events, intermediary networks and personal networking
- Create and manage deep engagement with top leaders, funders, experts and key government officials for a continued support in line with our key work areas/ goals
- Develop the activities and programs as needed, so as to build coalitions and collaborations with the intention to build high-performing and execution focused organizations in the development sector
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier institution; while there is no preference for a particular major or specialization, we expect to see a high degree of intellectual curiosity and sophistication
- 0-2 years of work experience in a challenging/ high growth environment1.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid planning and organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy, protocol and deadline
- Excellent writing ability that is clear, concise and analytic in style
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and stakeholder-facing skills including solid presentation and facilitation skills
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and as organizational demands require
- High level of discretion in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues ● Ability to take initiative and develop solutions quickly and effectively
- Ability to understand and consider organizational culture and change
- Ability to function and interact in a professional level capacity to sustain the mission, culture and best interests of the respective organizations
- Ability to adapt and exhibit confidence in a highly evolving, agile, and fast paced work environment
- Ability to do research and distill important concepts in a structured, concise, yet comprehensive manner
- Broad and strategic mindset, creative aptitude and effective use of independent judgment
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.