Website Accelerate Indian Philanthropy
Director of Knowledge, Networks and Partnerships (KNP)
About Accelerate Indian Philanthropy (AIP)
AIP aims to be India’s leading organization for spurring private philanthropy to meet India’s development challenges.
India has seen a rapid rise in average wealth over the last decade. In fact, we are going through a transition similar to the United States in the late 19th/early 20th century which saw tremendous wealth creation. But individual philanthropic giving lags far behind in comparison.
The majority of philanthropists still face significant headwinds when giving strategically, such as giving towards the end of their life, giving being a small portion of their total wealth, and difficulty in finding trusted philanthropic advisors to help them navigate sectors and organizations.
AIP will work with philanthropists in India and with Indian diaspora to give more, give sooner, and give better. We aim to build an organization that fundamentally transforms the individual giving landscape in India and contributes to socio-economic development at a large scale.
The Director of KNP will work with the CEO to build the organization’s knowledge and expertise on strategic giving. The person will identify and build networks of leading organizations, experts and practitioners in key sectors (health & nutrition, education, environment, etc.). They will deeply understand different ways of making an impact (for example: building institutions, policy advocacy and systems reform, innovative solutions). Finally, they will work on codifying this knowledge in case studies, templates, usable frameworks and creating learning opportunities like curated learning sessions, experience sharing workshops, etc.
This is a unique opportunity for a person to develop both thought leadership in philanthropy and social impact, as well as pragmatically leverage their knowledge in supporting philanthropists to give more strategically.
Roles and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the director of knowledge, networks and partnerships include:
- Shape the giving landscape in India by producing high-quality knowledge products such as inspiring case studies, templates and frameworks to inform philanthropists’ giving strategy, and establishing AIP as the preeminent organization on philanthropic giving.
- Identify and build networks with leading experts and practitioners in various sectors across the philanthropy space to be able to facilitate connections for philanthropists.
- Distil vast amount of knowledge pieces and reports to create frameworks and knowledge products for philanthropic advisory.
- Consistently engage with high-powered business leaders and philanthropists to develop the philanthropic ecosystem in India and facilitate connections.
- Create learning opportunities for philanthropists in individual and group settings, curating sessions with expert speakers, and codifying knowledge for use by the wider ecosystem.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Strong ideation, analytical and communication skills.
- Domain knowledge and experience in the impact sector.
- Strong relationship skills and the ability to engage with key organizations, leading experts, and philanthropic leaders. Existing networks in the Indian non-profit ecosystem is a huge plus.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter passionate about strategic giving, and solving social problems.
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Experience in strategic and operational excellence; has managed and led teams to achieve impactful results.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and with organizations working with a similar mandate.
This role will be based out of Delhi with domestic and international travel as required.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.