Position: Program Manager, ACT Healthcare fund
Summary of our work:
ACT is a social change movement for the startup ecosystem in India, enabling changemakers to give their time, talent and resources to mobilize solutions that address societal problems at scale. ACT started as a response to fight COVID-19 and has now expanded its mandate to cover healthcare, education, environment, and women’s participation in workforce
The spread of COVID 19 in the first half of 2021 had a catastrophic impact in India resulting in record breaking number of cases leading to a tragic shortage in medical Oxygen, hospital beds and vaccinations. We followed a three pronged approach as our response to the crisis:
1. Oxygen: Supply of Oxygen equipment like concentrators, bipaps, cylinders for providing immediate relief and installing PSA Oxygen plants for long term capacity building. Our efforts touched 500+ districts and covered 33 states/UT.
2. Home Care: Capacity and capability building for rural front line workers and remote care to ease the pressure on hospitals. Under this program,
3. Vaccination: Rapid vaccination of vulnerable communities and efforts to address vaccine
hesitancy . Under this program, we are administering 500K doses of vaccines in Bengaluru, Pune , Gurgaon, Haveri and Kalaburagi by working very closely with the district administration to prioritise the most vulnerable population and also channelise efforts to mobilise this community with the help of NGO partners. We also launched #GharKiHealthMinister, an aerial campaign to address vaccine hesitancy by influencing the ultimate care giver to take charge and get everyone vaccinated . As the peak of the second wave seems to be behind us in most parts of the country, our work continues in rural capacity building, vaccination efforts where we continue to work with the government in rapid vaccination of vulnerable populations and to address vaccine hesitancy and funding innovators who are improving affordability, access and quality of healthcare in India.
About the role:
We are looking to hire an exceptional Program Manager to join a small portfolio team who will work on strategy, execution and priorities across the healthcare portfolio.
Roles and responsibilities:
● Sourcing: The role involves landscaping the healthtech space for digital platforms, payment innovations, innovations in medical equipment and capability & capacity building solutions and sourcing promising opportunities that will maximise the impact of the fund.
● Grantee management: Provide support to grantees based on organizational and programmatic needs. Support grantees in helping with go to market strategy and help scale the grantees by leveraging the relations ACT has forged with NGO and hospital networks.
● Donor management: Support Fund Director with fundraising efforts and donor management including regular communication, reporting and engagement
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
● 4-6 years of work experience demonstrating excellent project delivery and team leadership in a challenging/ high growth environment. Experience in impact investing/healthcare/ management consulting/ entrepreneurship is a plus.
● Excellent problem-solving and strategic thinking skills, ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, and distil key insights
● Ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way (excellent writing and presentation skills)
● Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally
● Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com