Website Action for Food Production
Positions: Project Coordinator
No of openings: 1
Last Date: 11th January, 2022
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is a socio-technical not for profit Organization working for the development of rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions. It is an “Organization of National Importance” duly notified by Government of India.
Mission Statement: AFPRO dedicates itself for alleviating rural poverty, through partnerships, networking and collaborations with like-minded Institutions, with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society.
Our Domain Areas: Water, Sanitation, Watershed Management, Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihood Diversification, and Climate Change for effective management of natural resources.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires Project Coordinator for its Regional Office, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
Qualification: Graduate or Post Graduate in Agriculture/ Civil Engineering or relevant discipline.
Experience: 5 – 8 years of experience in Water Resource Development, carrying out technical survey, collecting and collating data, water budgeting, preparing water security plans, locating feasible water harvesting sites and preparing design and estimation of the water harvesting structures, soil and water conservation, etc.
Compensation: Rs.35,000/- to Rs.45,000/- per month negotiable depending on educational qualification and experience.
The above positions may require extensive travel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Planning and implementation of development programmes / projects in our domain areas by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs
• Extending Socio-technical services for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to water resource development.
• Carry out technical survey, collecting and collating data
• Carry out water budgeting exercise, preparing water security plans, locating feasible water harvesting sites and preparing design and estimation of water harvesting structures.
• Conduct Training and Capacity building of the community on the ground water monitoring, operation and maintenance of the assets created under the project.
• Coordination and reporting with funding partners and AFPRO Head Office.
• Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
• Handling the overall project management and conducting evaluations.
• Interact with CSR Heads and CSR team members.
• Fund raising / fund mobilization.
• Networking/ coordination/ liaison with Government departments.
• Conduct field visits to the project sites and identify strengths/weaknesses in the program implementation and provide feedback and technical assistance for timely corrections.
• Report writing /documentation for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
• The applicant must be mature with good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated.
–The applicant should be able to prepare project proposals, design details of the structure, cost estimate etc.
–Good communication and presentation skills both in English & Hindi. Knowledge of local language would be an added advantage
–Ability to meet deadlines.
–Liaison with funding agencies, NGOs, community organizations and Resources Organizations – build and strengthen relationships.
–Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
— Documentation for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization
–Should be a good team player with multi-tasking ability.
The above position is on contractual basis and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirements.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production, 25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 or mail to email@example.com and copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 011-28525412, Please visit our website: www.afpro.org
Please apply by 11th January, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com