The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) has undertaken an ambitious research agenda that seeks to inform health policy in India. A key component of this is focused on the political economy of health, and its intersection with health delivery and outcomes. CSEP is accordingly looking to hire a Research Associate to work on ongoing and proposed research on the political economy of health.
- Analyse policy and systems in the health sector, with a political economy lens, to understand how the political economic and social context drives or impedes the prioritisation of health, healthcare delivery and health reforms
- Support the conception and implementation of research on the above
- Engage with relevant political leaders, policy makers, citizens and other stakeholders around analysis and recommendations
- Work with other scholars in planning and executing research and outreach on related topics
- Curate and implement seminars/conferences to generate a policy discourse on the above
- Advanced degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Governance or Public Health
- An understanding of India’s federal structure, governance and the political incentives/disincentives that drive attention to issues in this context
- Prior experience in health policy and systems in India would be an advantage
- Understanding of key macro and sectoral data and relevant policymaking bodies
- Ability to undertake research independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work/guide on multiple studies simultaneously, independently or with guidance from senior/distinguished fellows
CSEP is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Please submit your resume at email@example.com with the subject line: “Research Associate – Political Economy of Health.” Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit csep.org.