Website eGovernements Foundation
Work Location: Bengaluru, India
Position Type: Full Time
About The Job
About the Role – Community Engagement Manager (Sanitation)
This role’s mandate is to drive access to and impact of eGov’s Sanitation platform for citizens, towards the broader goal of achieving universal and safe sanitation coverage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Community Engagement Manager will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the challenges of access to sanitation and related services from the point of view of underserved communities.
- Directly gather on-ground feedback from citizens and community groups, including through surveys and community audits.
- Draft well-researched presentations, briefings, memos etc. to share these perspectives with eGov and partner organizations.
- Assist cross-functional teams in the process of incorporating insights and perspectives from research into solution design.
- Engage with internal and external (both government and non-government) stakeholders to enhance understanding of and commitment to citizen centricity.
- Manage the development of a Community Engagement Plan, to be operationalized as part of the Sanitation Mission rollout in any given site.
- Provide capacity-building support to ecosystem and community partners as necessary to operationalize the plan / broader mission objectives.
- Support the Sanitation Mission and the Civil Society Partnerships team with improving their understanding of the sanitation and waste management ecosystem in India.
More broadly, the role involves working closely with governments, civil society, and community partners in the following areas.
- New Initiatives – Develop and lead innovative initiatives to drive adoption and impact. Design approaches for community partnership development and engaging them with the sanitation value chain interventions.
- Cross-Team Functioning – Provide and facilitate inputs to Product Development and Program Management teams to develop relevant features and shape state programs and community engagements.
- Ecosystem Engagement – Develop linkages and networking with various stakeholders of Samaj, Sarkar, and Bazar for Sanitation Mission to drive last-mile access.
- Capacity Building: To multiply impact, he/she should be able to dedicate considerable resources to training stakeholders and provide support for developing a training and capacity building plan.
- Communications Support – Work with other teams to drive projects and provide support for development and roll-out of the Social Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC).
- You have 3+ Years of relevant experience, ideally in the sanitation sector.
- You are driven by a desire to make the world a better place and ensuring everyone benefits from the work you do.
- You are comfortable working in communities, as well as in building partnerships with mission-aligned organizations.
- You have a deep sense of empathy, and strong active listening and strategic communication skills, to build consensus across diverse stakeholders and push the boundaries of inclusion.
- You are able to build a pathway from vision to execution by aligning intent, resources, and operational capabilities across the organization and our partners.
- You have an appetite for strategic risk-taking and understand that building a better world requires some leaps of faith.
- Good to have working experience in Zila Swacch Bharat Preraks.
- You must must hold at least a Bachelors’ degree, in any stream or discipline. Good t hold a practice-oriented Masters’ degree (e.g. MSW).
Specific skills/experience you could demonstrate in your application are:
- Project/Program management
- Capacity Building
- Stakeholder engagement
- Documentation and knowledge management
- Secondary research/analysis
- Storytelling skills, both in writing and speech
- Network/Ecosystem Development and Management
To apply for this job please visit egov.org.in.