Website eGovernements Foundation
Work Location: Bengaluru, India
Position Type: Full Time
About The Job
This role’s mandate is to drive eGov’s understanding of the sanitation sector and partnerships with experts (individuals and organisations) working in the sector, towards the broader goal of achieving universal and safe sanitation coverage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Knowledge Products and Partnerships Manager will:
- Create and update the map of experts (individuals and organisations) and key stakeholders working on sanitation and related issues, including at think tanks, academic institutions, multilateral organisations, non-profits, foundations, and government entities.
- Initiate and manage relationships with experts and key stakeholders, to improve eGov’s understanding of the sanitation sector, and to explore potential collaborations.
- Draft well-researched presentations, briefings, memos etc. to share these perspectives with eGov and partner organizations.
- Manage the co-creation of knowledge products at various stages of the Sanitation mission, including blue books, working papers, and design suggestions.
- Manage the convening of experts and key stakeholders, as well as public consultations.
- Assist cross-functional teams in the process of incorporating insights and perspectives from research and consultations into solution design.
- Create a pipeline of knowledge products, events, and broader public engagement to communicate eGov’s vision of sanitation and waste management reforms to the ecosystem, as well as to the general public.
More broadly, the role involves working closely with governments, civil society, and community partners in the following areas.
- New Partnerships – Develop and lead collaborative / co-creation initiatives with various partners in the ecosystem.
- Cross-Team Functioning – Provide and facilitate inputs to Product Development and Program Management teams to develop relevant features and shape state programs and community engagements.
- Communications Support – Work with eGov and Mission leadership to drive public engagement and communications.
- You are driven by a desire to make the world a better place and ensuring everyone benefits from the work you do.
- You are comfortable working in collaboration with multiple teams and individuals, both within and outside your organisations.
- You have a deep sense of empathy, and strong active listening and strategic communication skills, to identify themes and build consensus between stakeholders.
- You have excellent analysis and writing skills, and can communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, including technical ideas to political audiences and vice versa.
- You have a good understanding of the sanitation sector in India.
Specific skills/experience you could demonstrate in your application are:
- Previous work and/or research experience on sanitation
- Project/Program management
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Documentation and knowledge management
- Secondary research/analysis
- Storytelling skills, both in writing and speech
- Previous experience with intervention design, monitoring, & evaluation, especially in gov tech / civic tech organisations.
4-6 years of relevant experience, with at least 2 years in or related to the sanitation sector. Candidates with field experience in sanitation (e.g. Zila Swacch Bharat Preraks) are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must hold at least a Bachelors’ degree, in any stream or discipline.
Candidates who hold a Masters’ degree or similar qualifications in a relevant field (public policy, development studies, etc.) would be preferred.
To apply for this job please visit egov.org.in.