PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The intern will work with Tata Trusts PATH Impact Lab (TPIL). Impact Lab is a first-of-its-kind public health platform in India, aimed specifically at addressing healthcare challenges through technology introduction.
The intern will be required to work under the broad objectives of Impact Lab i.e. bridging the gap for medical technologies from lab to market, and assist in the package of combinatorial support provided by PATH to Medtech innovations in clinical validation, regulatory and go-to-market. The focus of the current internship will be more on landscaping and connecting with MedTech entrepreneurs, working with them, other program verticals at PATH, and key stakeholders in our network to identify promising technologies, and assist in programs that facilitate their deployment at health systems.
The intern will get first-hand experience of working with a global public health organization tackling health challenges through innovative solutions. The intern will work closely with key players in the MedTech ecosystem both, in India and globally, as well as with the different public health program verticals at PATH.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during the internship:
- Research and analytical skills in the medical device and diagnostic ecosystem at the national and global level
- Networking and partnering with health technology enterprises and other stakeholders
- Understanding of operationalizing of health technology solutions in public health systems
Responsibilities may include one or many, but are not limited to, of the following:
- Conduct broad landscaping of devices and diagnostics for infectious diseases and NCDs in India and globally, and related documentation.
- Primary research with different stakeholders in public health.
- Collate and circulate the findings with relevant team members.
- Assist in Impact lab engagement with local and global Medtech enterprises.
- Support to program teams e.g. capturing activities, following up on action items, and key deliverables
Description of what will be used to evaluate the Intern’s performance/progress toward meeting learning objectives and goals:
The performance will be evaluated based on the quality and timely completion of the assigned task, monthly review meetings, and monthly review presentations.
- Graduate or postgraduate in biomedical engineering/biotechnology with experience in medical devices and digital health technologies
- Knowledge of medical device regulations particularly in India, to some extent global e.g., US, UK. EU, SA, etc. is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a complex environment
- Comfortable with collaborating across all levels of leadership within the organization
- Primary and secondary research and analytical skills. The ability to analyze health data will be desirable
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, quality-driven situations.
- Excellent command over MS Office and an overall proficiency in computer literacy
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
Job Location – UP, Bihar, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Assam, West Bengal, Rajasthan and Haryana, India
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.