Website IIM Ahmedabad
About the Organization
The decade following independence in 1947 was witness to a surge of innovative ideas to build a fledgling independent nation into a model democratic state committed to growth with equity. The establishment of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) was the outcome of one such innovative initiative.
Led by space scientist Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and an eminent industrialist and philanthropist Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai, and proactively supported by the then Chief Minister of Gujarat, Dr. Jivraj Mehta, a group of enlightened individuals set up IIMA in 1961. This group ably wove together a coalition of five actors – the governments at the centre and the state, local industrialists, the Ford Foundation and the Harvard Business School, to establish the foundations of the Institute.
To assist the faculty of the Institute in their teaching, research and work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute. At present we are looking for Academic Associates in the Organizational Behaviour (OB) Area
Major Teaching Activities:
To assist faculty members in seven to eight courses per year. The assistance would involve the following:
- Attending classes
- Correction/grading of answer sheets/quizzes/projects/assignments and conducting remedial sessions, if required.
- Design and delivery in any of the programmes, such as preparation/revision of course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides etc.
- To conduct attendance marking and tabulation, class participation marking and tabulation, setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed, tracking progress in class projects, assignments etc.
- To mandatorily participate in all briefings, discussions and training organized by instructor(s), academic officers, programme chairpersons, Dean, AADEC, Area Chair.
- To provide tutorial support including remedial classes as instructed by faculty member. Co-ordination with relevant Academic Offices.
- Compulsorily participate in invigilation duties and attend pre-examination briefing andpost examination debriefing by faculty.
- To report instances of students’ behavior that violates Institutes code of conduct. They should familiarize themselves with the programme manual.
- To assist faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development and paper writing. To learn such tools, techniques and software applications required for conducting high quality research and apply the same as required by faculty member(s).
- To coordinate with R & P Office, Case Unit etc. for matters related to dissemination of research output, registration of cases/teaching notes /exercise etc.
Candidates should possess (i) a First Class Masters Degree in Psychology, Sociology or Management with specialization in Organizational Behaviour, HR, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Sociology or any other field relevant to Organizational Behaviour; or (ii) M.Phil. or Ph.D. in any of these disciplines. Relevant work experience and JRF/NET qualifications will carry additional weightage. Candidates with outstanding academic record, with or without work experience, including those completing the final year of their Master’s degree, are welcome to apply.
Monthly consolidated salary of ` 31,000/- to ` 43,000/- and Annual Development Allowance. The salary will be depending on qualification, experience, merit and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/DA for official tour will be paid.
To apply for this job please visit hr.iima.ac.in.