Website Kailas Satyarthi Children's Foundation
About the position:
The Account Officer is responsible for managing day to day financial record keeping and reporting and preparation of statutory dues and return of various laws as applicable.
• Day to day duties include recording transactions, payments and expenses and processing invoices.
• Scrutiny of bills/ invoices of vendors (all local purchases), activists, all projects and events/ programme reimbursement.
• Preparation of vouchers for above and seek approval of the Manager Head-Finance.
• Preparation of cheques and getting signature from authorized signatories
• To ensure timely payment of bills to the vendors, salaries/honorarium to staff/activist.
• To check and verify the salary and honorarium sheet for staff/activists. To ensure timely preparation of salary sheets in coordination with HR department.
• To ensure the proper upkeep of Local and Foreign Contribution Account.
• To ensure timely TDS and PF deduction & deposit.
• To ensure that bills /Vouchers/statements received from staff/activist/vendors are processed in time
• Assist in preparation of balance sheet and audits.
• Control of advance and its timely adjustments/recoveries.
• Perform any other duties/ responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills and competencies required:
• Planning and Organizing.
• Coordination Skills.
• Personal effectiveness.
• Liasoning & Networking.
• Relationship Building
• Ability to do multiple tasking and perform under pressure
Educational Qualifications and Experience requirements:
• To succeed as an Accounting Officer, you should have a degree in Accounting, knowledge of accounting competencies, and administration skills. Ultimately, a high-quality Accounting Officer should be able to successfully contribute to the organisation’s financial efficiency, while maintaining records of expenditure and profits accurately
• Preferred M. Com /Post Graduate in Financial Management
• Minimum 3 years of experience in finance and accounting.
• Proficiency in MS Office Package and other accounting software.
• Should have paced & challenging environment.
• Strong knowledge of: general ledger, banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and basic understanding of nonprofit taxes and registrations.
• Analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work outputs,
• Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Values-alignment with organisation and a passion to solve Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.zohopublic.com.