UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP is on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, working with national counterparts on solutions to global and national development challenges.
In the programme countries, UNDP supports stabilization, state-building, governance and development priorities in in partnership with the host governments, the United Nations system, the development partners and other partners to help the country to achieve sustainable development by eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, accelerating structural transformations for sustainable development and building resilience to crises and shock.
UNDP has worked in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience. UNDP’s programmes continue to fully integrate a global vision for catalytic change with India’s national priorities. With over 30 projects on the ground in almost every state, today UNDP India works to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by transforming traditional models to do development differently. In a rapidly changing global environment, the work of UNDP and the broader UN family aligns with the Government of India’s new national development vision, India 2030, and builds upon the Sustainable Development Goals. UNDP India’s country programme for 2018-2022 has three major focus areas:
- Inclusive growth
- Environment and energy
- Strengthening systems and institutions
These are supported by a framework of renewed partnerships and blended finance solutions, a pool of financial and technical resources for greater impact and scale, and South-South expertise.
You are invited to join a team of dedicated development professionals whose primary role is to support the India to achieve the 2030 Agenda. As part of the UNDP team your focus will be to work with multiple stakeholders to find the country specific solutions that lead to sustainable development and to ensure no one is left behind – and we reach those furthest behind first.
UNDP is looking for individuals who have the communication, analytical, planning and implementation capacities that can address links, choices and connections across many issues and sectors. We seek individuals who can apply global best practice to national contexts. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, motivated, and committed to making a positive contribution to Development in India.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Administrative Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides support to office operations performing general administrative and logistical processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant will work in the Administration unit in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery. He/she will be supervised by the UNDP Administrative Manager on the day-to-day work relevant to Office Administration/Common Services/Common Premises. The interaction with the supervisor will take place on regular basis, thus allowing continuous performance monitoring against the work plan. In addition, a monthly review by the ExCom Agencies’ focal points will also be held. Performance appraisal will be undertaken as per UNDP standard procedures.
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements and assist in seeking necessary government clearances for matters related to protocol, custom clearances and general administration;
- Act as the travel focal point of the office and support the travel function in terms of arranging travel and hotel reservations, process administrative transactions in the ERP system, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Maintain records on assets management & inventory/custodial items of UNDP, UN common premises, project offices and prepare required reports;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
- Maintain database for office leases, contracts, service/goods providers, AMC, MoU, expenditure etc. Gather, collate information/data on specific topics;
- Perform and/or coordinate other general administrative duties such as those related to assigning fleet booking requests, vehicle logbook, OT calculations, registry and building maintenance matters;
- Support preparation of yearly procurement plan in line with annual work plan for the unit;
- Research market/UN network to source goods/services achieving VfM following UNDP procurement, financial & administrative guidelines;
- Prepare Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation;
- Perform operations for authorizing and effectuating expenditures. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile data to support optimal budget utilization and preparation of budget vis-à-vis expenditure report.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice through active participation in relevant OMT’s, application of best practice in work area.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Administration & Operations
- Travel Desk: Ability to process and approve Travel Requests, Travel Claims and Expense Report; knowledge of relevant policy and procedures
- Vehicle management: Knowledge of policy & procedures on fleet management
- Lease management: Ability to perform business case analysis to enter into an agreement with owners, governments and sister UN agencies, collect leasehold data for each location and maintain the global premises database; administer RFA
- Inventory management: Each office to ensure sufficient inventory items are available for use as well as reporting for items which are beyond the corporate threshold of $5K and above
- Change Management: Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change
- Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Operations Management: Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into best results in the most efficient manner; Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Secondary education
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in administration, procurement, facilities management and/or logistics support service
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required if applicant has a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Certification in administration and/or University Degree in Business or Public Administration is desirable
- Experience in travel management is desirable
- Experience in asset / inventory management is desirable
- Experience and exposure in working with development/international agencies
- Fluency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of Hindi
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.