The Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP) at Ashoka University is India’s first academic centre focused on enabling strategic and robust philanthropy for social impact. It strives to provide civil society with evidence-based research and knowledge products to grow scale and impact, convening platforms for norm-setting and collaborative learning, and leadership development programmes that strengthen capability and sustainability.
About Ashoka University: Ashoka University is a private, nonprofit university. An unprecedented example of collective public philanthropy in India, it is a pioneer in its focus on the Liberal Arts. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across the humanities, social sciences and fundamental natural sciences. The aim is to help students become well rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become ethical self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service. Ashoka has built collaborations with University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, Carleton College, King’s College London, Sciences Po, UC Berkeley, Trinity College Dublin and Yale University among others.
About the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP): Along with its robust academic programme, the University is home to Centres of Excellence that address critical areas of relevance to society, and India in particular. These include the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP), which is the pioneering Centre in India for research and capacity-building towards the advancement of social impact. The Centre’s research is focused on critical topics in social impact and philanthropy, with emphasis on applied research.
About the Role: The Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy is looking for an Assistant Manager – Convening, to build and strengthen networks among its key constituents and to ensure the widest dissemination of its research and knowledge products. The candidate should have the flexibility to work on multiple projects, display a natural aptitude for partnering with different organisations, planning events and a demonstrated expertise in external communications.
Responsibilities: The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and overseeing the execution of all CSIP’s convening activities including round tables, lecture series and a marquee annual event
- Building a network of resource people, facilitators, mentors etc. in the sector to provide support to the Centre’s programmes
- Managing relationships with funders and key stakeholders for convenings
- A Graduate / Post-Graduate / Master’s degree from a reputed university in Management or Development Studies
- Highly entrepreneurial, self-starter, creative problem solver, and a team player.
- Experience of organising events, workshops and seminars and knowledge about remote convening platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple partner relationships.
- Ability to work remotely and manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- 2-3 years of work experience.
- Deep understanding of working in the development sector and the challenges it faces.
- A prior personal network is a plus.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience.
Location: Based in, or with travel to, Sonipat 3-4 days a week, Currently work from home.
Deadline: Rolling basis. This is an urgent hire, early applications preferred.
To apply for this job please visit csip.zohorecruit.in.