Website S.M. Sehgal Foundation
Location: Medchal (Hyderabad) Telangana
Application Deadline: June 25, 2022
Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
S M Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Assistant Program Lead – Agriculture Development and Extension on a consultancy basis.
- Bachelor / Master degree in agriculture with specialization in agronomy, soil science, extension / horticulture or any other related discipline from a reputed national /state agriculture university
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of working in field directly with farmers in agriculture development projects specially in southern India
- Strong project management and community mobilization skills
- Experience of working with NGO’s/ development sector will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel, stay and work in rural areas as per need
- Familiar with local language, culture, agricultural practices and related issues in Southern India
- The candidate must have good communication skills in English and Telugu. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of computers- MS Office and Internet
- Lead the ongoing agriculture development projects in South India
- Independently implement the projects and manage field level operations
- Develop project plans, budgets, execution strategies, monitor and measure the impact
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports and utilization of funds
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with farming community with strong community mobilization to ensure community participation
- Organize field days celebration, training programs and exposure visits of farmers
- Provide field level technical support to farmers and project implementation team
- Develop IEC material, document success stories and assist team in donor report writing
- Coordinate with all project stakeholders for smooth execution of the project activities
- Create awareness on best agricultural practices among farmers
- Develop training modules and organize training programs for different stakeholders Provide inputs for new proposal development through desk research and field visits
- Formulate strategies for long term sustainability of project interventions
- Networking with government official, line department, KVK’s, educational and research institutes
- Representing organization and project at various regional and national platforms by participating in lectures, presentations, exhibitions etc
- Other duties assigned by supervisor or management from time to time
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply
Deadline for applying: June 25, 2022
How to apply: Candidates with required qualifications and desired experience may submit their resume and covering letter indicating expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line – Application for Assistant Program Lead – Agriculture Development, Telangana.
*Applicants are required to specify their current and expected remuneration in the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com