Role and Responsibilities:
The Associate – Adolescent Girls, Gender Empowerment and Health will work with Swechha’s programs with communities and adolescent girls, especially around empowerment, and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
One part of our community work is focused on marginalized girls and boys, mostly living in urban slums of South Delhi, focusing on lifeskills and employability skills, along with mental health and wellbeing. It includes conducting remedial classes, workshops and sessions on lifeskills, organizing exposure sessions on non-traditional livelihood options, organizing and conducting meantal wellbeing workshops along with group/individual counseling sessions. This program is almost a decade old and has strong community support and impact.
The other major aspect of this vertical of work is to work on issue of Sexual and Reproductive Health. This includes developing curriculum on SRHR and building the capacity of Asha and Anganwadi workers of NCR districts of Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan, through bi-annual sessions and workshops. This project has a strong component of communication, where we are looking at developing strong and effective podcasts on SRHR, breaking myths and stereotypes around the issue. We also aim at directly transacting modules on SRHR with adolescent girls of several districts of NCR.
As Associate – Adolescent Girls, Gender Empowerment and Health, you will be part of the executive team to achieve affirmative, impactful outcomes with respect to our community program vertical. The tasks include research and development of curriculums (lifeskills , mental wellbeing and SRHR, respectively), building capacity of trainers/facilitators/educators, conducting and overseeing training programs and workshops, mobilization of stakeholders including communities, youth and other experts and CSOs.
The Associate – Adolescent Girls, Gender Empowerment and Health must have experience of working with communities, especially adolescent girls. You are also expected to have experience in the field of SRHR and/or gender empowerment.
We are looking for someone in the age range of 22-35 years to take on the role of Associate – Adolescent Girls, Gender Empowerment and Health. You will be leading a team of committed and passionate young people who are keen to transform their passion into affirmative collaborative change.
As Associate – Adolescent Girls, Gender Empowerment and Health, you will,
- Support programs with communities and adolescent girls.
- Support our work on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
- Develop, shape and nurture new programs/ interventions/ campaigns/ activities that further the vision and mission of the organization, vis-à-vis gender and empowerment
- Research and curriculum/module development
- Mobilisation of community members
- Monitor and evaluate program progress and outcomes regularly and ensure efficient and effective delivery across all Community Programs.
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing of knowledge exchange/ campaign events, seminars and conferences that further Swechha’s objectives.
- Minimum two years’ commitment.
- This position will be based in New Delhi with national and international travel to represent Swechha in various forums.
- The position demands a full-time exclusive engagement with Swechha.
Offers shall be commensurate with your qualifications, experience and salary history.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.