Website The Bridgespan Group
The Bridgespan Group is the leading nonprofit consulting organization serving ambitious nonprofit leaders, philanthropists, and impact investors in North America, Asia, and Africa. We value diversity, passion, respect, candor, and most of all having social impact and working towards societies characterized by equity and justice. Our mission to break cycles of poverty is impossible if we do not also achieve equity, given the intersection of the issues of race, gender, caste, etc., with poverty and justice. We have made a public commitment to anti-racism (statement is here) and more importantly are doing the essential work to build a team and leadership at all levels that is diverse, develop a truly inclusive culture, and integrate a focus on equity in all our client work.
If you want to work with the market leader that bridges the worlds of game-changing philanthropists, social change leaders, and impact investors, then Bridgespan is the place for you.
About Bridgespan Asia
Established in 2015, the rapidly growing Mumbai office of The Bridgespan Group helps to catalyze a stronger social sector with the goal of improving quality of life for the most vulnerable populations. We pursue projects that are intellectually challenging and have the potential for significant social impact; our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, anchoring sector building initiatives, and developing and sharing insights through publications. We leverage The Bridgespan Group’s global knowledge and best practices, gathered over 20 years in the sector, as well as our team’s local expertise to build fields and accelerate social change in India and across the region.
Since our Mumbai office opened, we have completed advisory projects on a range of issues including education and skilling, health, livelihoods, and land rights. Our clients include prominent international and domestic foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network, and Tata Trusts, nonprofits such as Anudip Foundation and Janaagraha, and ecosystem actors such as Dasra and Impact Investors Council. We also recently launched the Bridgespan Nonprofit Development Program, a capacity-building initiative for nonprofits.
Established in 2022, the Bridgespan Southeast Asia office is based in Singapore and is an endeavor aimed at exploring how to best help mission-driven organizations across Southeast Asia to improve their strategy, leadership and outcomes. The Southeast Asia office and the Mumbai office will work together to serve the broader Asia Pacific community.
The Associate Director of Human Resources (HR), Asia is responsible for HR functions in both our Mumbai and newly launched Singapore offices. The Associate Director is a member of the Global Human Resources team, partnering closely with all members of the HR team, and reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources in the US with a dotted line to the Office Heads in Mumbai and Singapore. The Associate Director is responsible for and not limited to, Performance Management, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Training & Onboarding, Policy Management and Benefits. The Associate Director will be responsible for supervising, mentoring and developing an HR Associate also based in Mumbai.
- In partnership with US based Senior Director of HR support the bi-annual performance review process for our Advisory staff and annual process for our Core Services
- Lead and participate in employee performance discussions, including performance check-ins on new employees and struggling employees; support managers as needed in addressing underperformance
- Lead recruiting efforts for Advisory and Core Services positions
- Utilize sourcing tools, including internal database searches, job boards, social media outlets and referrals to increase applicant pools
- Review resumes and conduct phone screens
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance Bridgespan’s presence at target universities and organizations for Advisory hiring
- Handle all (voluntary & involuntary) employee departures, coordinating exit logistics, conducting exit interviews, preparing separation paperwork if/as needed, partnering with Payroll on final payments, etc.
- Manage one-off and ongoing Employee Relations issues that arise, including but not limited to requests for accommodation, personal, family or health challenges for employees, difficult team dynamics, work-life balance issues, or professional development roadblocks
- In partnership with DEI team members, support Bridgespan’s work to create an inclusive environment of involvement, respect, and connection – where the richness of ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are harnessed to advance work and create impact
Training and Onboarding
- Responsible for initiating onboarding for new hires hires, including:
-Coordinating with tech support with Bain to ensure new joiners have laptops
-Assigning people supports to new joiners
-Collaborating with Training team on training schedule
Policies and Procedures
- Drive the research and implementation of HR policies and practices to ensure consistency, and allow for flexibility and adaptability
- Maintain and continuously expand existing policies
- Work to ensure clear communications and understanding of all processes and policies
- Ensure legal compliance on all personnel and employment issues
- Advise and inform employees of the details of the company’s benefit programs
- Liaise with vendors and negotiate and coordinate contracts for new and existing plans
- Design benefit appropriate programs with a focus on wellness in the workplace to improve health outcomes
- 10+ years’ experience in an HR leadership role or equivalent with a professional services or nonprofit organization preferred
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Motivated to work in fast-paced, result-oriented, mission-driven environment
- Commitment to and comfortable with continuous improvement type approach to their work
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with colleagues and clients at all levels within an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter with a sense-of-humor who is proactive, responsible and creative
- Ability to effectively target and credible to connect with senior talent
- Operates with high integrity and professional maturity given access to confidential information and contact with Bridgespan leadership
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.