Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
The Finance Associate will be expected to perform routine accounting functions like checking of invoices and clearing them as per the relevant policies, recording accounting entries in Financial System i.e. NetSuite, managing payments to vendors and carrying out ancillary functions like bank reconciliation, tax payments, answering queries by Staff/Fellow/Donor and external partner, etc.
Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- To carry out day to day accounting work like expenses and Income booking, vendor payments, vendor management, bank reconciliation etc.
- To provide for petty cash for each location based on budget and account for it
- To update and maintain financial MIS for the organization
- To manage cash flows for the entity
- To maintain and record entries in the books of accounts regularly
- To process and disburse reimbursements on time
- To manage all bank transactions with respect to deposits and withdrawals with supporting approvals and to prepare Bank reconciliations
- To comply with statutory and tax regulations and make timely tax and other payments and track status of compliances on a monthly basis
- To handle finance-related queries raised by internal and external customers
- Preparation of Management Reports for review of Financial Performance
- To oversee the work of Assistants and train them in their routine functions
- Project-related – Budget preparation and assisting program team for the same
- Preparation of utilization certificates as per Donor requirements
- Reporting project / department financials status regularly with the team
- To finalize books of accounts and handle audits related concerns
- To close accounts on monthly/quarterly basis with support of team members
- To provide support to all departments
- To perform any other ancillary task as directed by the Senior Manager/CFO
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- CA Inter/Graduate in Commerce with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Good Knowledge of Accounting Concepts and Applied Accounting
- Knowledge for handling statutory compliances in relation to Income Tax, PF, PT, Companies Act (CSR Rules),
- Working Knowledge of ERP
- Advance working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and can adapt to changing priorities
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Prior experience of working on an ERP (NetSuite) in another NGO
- Knowledge of FCRA and Maharashtra Trust Act
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.