Website Teach For India
Locations: Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
The Design Associate will assist the Marketing and Communications team in conceptualising and designing the Teach For India brand through digital marketing and print collaterals, this position is an opportunity for young individuals to get a holistic sense of the powerful role that design plays in communication strategy and garner exposure to a wide array of differentiated design projects.
- Create digital and print creatives for Teach For India.
- Develop a diverse design language and templates that are unique to platforms while keeping in mind the brand manual.
- Use visuals as a powerful medium for storytelling.
- Be a design custodian while ensuring that all touchpoints are in line with the creative vision and ensuring designs are consistent across all of our online and offline communications.
- Play an active role in conceptualising, directing, executing, producing, and troubleshooting all aspects of design initiatives.
- Continually maintain awareness of customer behaviour towards design to optimize the engagement.
- Illustrate ideas in various looks and styles, and quickly translate content into visuals.
- Have a basic understanding of print and vendor management.
- Create Brand Guidelines awareness and training for Staff and Fellows and manage the Brand Library
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Graduate degree preferably in Communication Design.
- Exceptional skills in design for online and offline platforms with a passion for creativity.
- A good understanding of typography and editorial design.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, basic knowledge of After Effects and Premier Pro is required.
- Digital/Social Media Principles: Understand best practices on social media, responsive layouts, mobile design, social media graphic guidelines, and fonts.
- Ability to work in an extremely high-paced deadline-based environment.
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- 1-2 years of design experience, agency experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.