Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
We are looking for an exceptional storyteller and digital strategist to take the reins of both national and (select) regional digital communications at Teach For India. This individual plays a critical role in Teach For India’s brand-building efforts, thereby impacting the overall visibility of our work and our collective impact in a big way. They will support the Senior Manager, Digital Communications by gathering and disseminating impactful stories to important stakeholders: prospective Teach For India Fellows, our Alumni community, Students and Donors. This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys content generation as well as innovation and social media. From creating and supervising posting calendars, preparing detailed monthly analysis and newsletters, to supporting respective regional POCs to build brand narratives through meaningful partnerships, content, advocacy and PR, in this role, you will get to project manage a 360-degree communication experience. You will also be expected to oversee social media designs and video content. Through a good balance of execution and strategy, you will sustain the digital presence of the national brand of Teach For India, while building from the ground up the regional brand narratives.
Manager, Digital Communications will report directly to Senior Manager, Digital Communications and will be responsible for maintaining the digital presence of Teach For India national brand through inspiring social media content, newsletters and innovations and strategically building regional brand narratives for selected cities. You will be expected to manage a two-member team, a regional resource sitting remotely and one designer and support them with creative supervision, insights, design inputs, PR and collaborations.
Strengthen the National and Regional Digital Communications
- Plan and execute the national and regional communication strategy to achieve goals to increase brand visibility on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Medium, Newsletters)
- This responsibility will include, but will not be limited to – curating and writing stories of Fellows, Students, Alumni and Donors, planning monthly content calendars, and executing campaigns that increase brand awareness for goals listed below and reporting and documenting monthly digital media analytics
- Strategy, curation and execution of Some Good News, Teach For India’s monthly newsletter and maintaining a readership of 5000. Oversee design, copy, videos and innovations to ensure quality and reach
- Plan, execute and analyse periodic campaigns to increase social media brand equity
- Build relationships with influencers and celebrities to drive engagement and advocacy and traffic on our digital media.
- Identify innovative formats to tell the stories of the key stakeholders
- Organically engage with other brands online and build dialogues
Build a high performing team
- Hire, train, lead 2 full-time individuals. Provide timely feedback and support to ensure high motivation
- Hold spaces and enable an exchange of knowledge and skills
- Sustain a culture of trust, learning, collaboration, and support through periodic conversations, LDJCs, reflections, and check-ins, weekly trackers and team meetings
- Extend learning support around digital expertise to other verticals and Innovation Cell
Plan and deliver high-quality events coverage
- Execute effective social media campaigns for Teach For India events
- Support respective POCs with coverage of selected regional events
Work closely with the Senior Manager and Director in these areas –
- Deliver insightful reporting to Leadership Team
- Any flagship projects (e.g. online campaigns like #WhatIf, #DontStopLearning, Student Alumni Film)
- Support Teach For India’s PR efforts by amplifying the media mentions through social media
- Work closely with the PR manager on the SLT Advocacy
- Support regional teams in identifying powerful stories that would resonate with media
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Graduate/Postgraduate in any field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in digital marketing roles
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
- Ability to develop content consistent with the Teach For India brand voice, style, and tone
- Strong in the people quadrant with highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude can work independently, with an ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, project management and reporting and analytics skills with a focus on excellence and accuracy
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Understanding of Hootsuite, Awario, Mention and other social media listening tools
- An eye for digital partnership opportunities
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.