Website India Health Action Trust
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through the University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP’s health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and New-born Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Specialist, HR Systems
As per program requirement.
Job Summary :
State Associate – HR Systems Strengthening will work closely with the government counterparts in National Health Mission, Dept. of Medical Health and Family Welfare, Dept. of Medical Education and Dept. of Women and Child Development to implement HRIS, improving recruitment processes, HR planning, Learning and Development frameworks, Performance Management System and other HR system strengthening initiatives
She/he will play a critical role in ensuring the capacity of the Govt. is built in developing and ensuring appropriate frameworks are implemented for effective data based HR decision making, manpower distribution planning, capacity building and performance management.
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Support Specialist, HR Systems in advising the GoUP in best practices and frameworks for capacity building and performance management initiatives
- Identify key bottlenecks to optimal performance of employees of Depts. of Medical Health & Family Welfare, Medical Education and Training and Women & Child Development
- Support in capacity building of department officials in identifying and mitigating key HR issues
- Support NHM, UP and DoMHFW in effective manpower planning, geographical rationalization of existing workforce, critical recruitment policies/projects etc.,
- Support NHM, UP and DoMHFW in effective research, benchmarking with other states and policy making for various health programs and critical state interventions
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
- Conduct rapid research of best practices from other States, research literature and international practices on key HR systems components
- Develop appropriate policy proposals in a participative approach through effective liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Follow up with concerned government officials to ensure appropriate proposals are moved in a timely manner
- Provide techno-managerial support to National Health Mission, UP and Dept. of Health and Family Welfare, UP on various HR Systems
- Conduct secondary research for writing research papers on the best practices supported by UPTSU for the DoMHFW
Any other work given by the line manager or organization from time to time
At least 2 years’ experience in relevant work
- At least 1 year in large scale program management or rolling out IT systems or consulting or related to Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission with government/development sector projects shall be strongly preferred
- Consulting backgrounds shall be preferred
- BDS or similar qualification with MBA/MPH/PGDM/MSW or equivalent
MBA/PGDM in Human Resource Management or Strategy or MA in Social Science Research/Policy from Tier-1
- Collaboration for Success
- Senior govt. official liaisoning
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Basics of Data Analysis and Interpretation (MS Excel)
- Techincal proposal/report writing
- Basic Project Management
- Basic knowledge of components of RMNCHN
- Basics of Human Resource Management
- Knowledge of survey design and research methodologies (Quant/Qual)
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should submit their applications by clicking the “Apply Now” button provided on this page. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Advertisement Publish Date:
8 June, 2022
Advertisement End Date:
22 June, 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.ihat.in.