Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the Strategic Partnerships Unit
The Strategic Partnerships (SP) unit has been set up to grow and diversify Pratham’s visibility, collaborations and funding partnerships, nationally and globally. The unit leads conversations with funders, partners and industry collaborators to communicate Pratham’s initiatives, funding needs and program priorities. In addition, the unit works closely with Pratham’s international chapters to drive overall positioning, fundraising strategy and stakeholder management.
The unit focuses on optimizing available resources, developing program pitches and identifying potential areas of investment for external audiences. This entails working closely with internal teams on budgets and structures, as well as the Board of Directors and other committees to leverage existing partnerships and build new relationships.
About the Senior Associate role
The position offers young working professionals the opportunity to play an important role in Pratham’s strategic planning and fundraising. The role will provide candidates with exposure to strategy building, relationship management and marketing opportunities while working with senior management of the organization.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Associate role:
- Oversee donor management and reporting for HNI and corporate donors for Pratham’s international fundraising chapters such as Pratham USA and Pratham UK.
- Support CSR-related activities for the India team.
- Support managers and Unit head with fundraising strategies for CSR and retail giving, as well as research and advocacy efforts.
- Prepare quality documentation for the team, including process documents for external presentations.
- Connect with internal teams periodically to understand priorities and program strategies.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of work experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Preferably, Bachelors in Social Sciences, Management or Development Studies.
- Interest in organizational strategy, fundraising and stakeholder management.
- Experience writing grant proposals and communications material.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Fluency in English is a must, and functional fluency in other regional languages is preferred.(Situation permitting) willingness to travel to rural and remote areas of India.
Location & Compensation
The SP Unit operates flexibly. Team members based in Delhi work out of the office a few days a week while those based in other cities work remotely. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, write to email@example.com with ‘Strategic Partnerships’ in the subject line, attach your CV and a Statement of Purpose (in less than 500 words) detailing your suitability for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.pratham.org.