PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s project “Strengthening systems for an integrated response to acute encephalitis syndrome/Japanese encephalitis in Uttar Pradesh” will be operational in all 75 districts of U.P., with active engagement at the state level. The project will hire one Program Officer Surveillance (POS) to support the state team. The POS will be based at the state Directorate at Lucknow, and will report to the State Team Lead NTD & M.
S/he will be required to coordinate with state officials on a day-to-day basis and partners, as and when needed, and provide data, and management assistance to the project and state teams.
The specific scope of work would include the following activities:
- Will be the key nodal point for PATH in the Communicable diseases section of the U.P. – State health Directorate, under the guidance of the State Lead, NTD & M.
- S/he will be responsible for day-to-day coordination with government officials for project related activities, facilitating government communications, and technical documentation.
- Coordinate remotely with district and sub district officials for health system strengthening efforts in the Communicable diseases domain,
- Coordinate dissemination of operational guidelines and technical documents from the state level to districts and end users and monitor implementation of the same through the field team.
- Provide management assistance for the project activities, as and when needed – facilitating government participation in workshops, events, and such, and smooth conduct of these state level events.
- Coordinate with partners, during DASTAK /SRNA and beyond, for project related activities.
- Work with the M & E Officer of the AES Project for compilation, analysis, and dissemination of DASTAK / SRNA Monitoring feedback of the 75 districts, facilitate updation of data systems of the government in coordination with the M & E Officer of PATH for regular data analysis, including AES, COVID and other infectious diseases, as and when required.
- Post Graduate degree in Management / Social sciences.
- More than 10 years’ experience of working in public health.
More than 5 years’ experience of working closely with the state government.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in computers with knowledge of MS-Office applications viz. Excel; Word, PowerPoint and internet is essential. Ability to work on simple data collection platforms, like Google sheets, Kobo, ODK & CSPro is desirable.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Hindi and English is desirable.
- Strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, coordinate with multiple stakeholders, and maintain a high level of accountability.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relations at the state level.
Reporting: State Team Lead, NTD & M
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Company Location – Lucknow, India
Position Type – Full-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.