Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Pratham started its digital intervention with the Hybrid learning program in 400 villages of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015. In 2017 with the support of Google.org and Sarva Mangal Family Trust this program expanded to over 1000 villages. The support led to the formation of core groups within Pratham which produced over 350 videos and about 70 learning games and software needed to deploy and monitor digital resources in the village communities. These resources are present in 11 regional languages and English.
Subsequently, the digital resources were also made available in Pratham’s foundational programs and in the Early Childhood Education support program on an experimental basis. The digital learning material (games and videos) created for different age groups is available on Google Playstore as the PraDigi app and Read and Speak English App along with YouTube and other learning platforms.
The digital hardware and software are currently available in various Pratham programs across 21 states with content in 11 languages including Punjabi, Assamese, Bengali, Odiya, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi, and English.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Associate’s position in the Partnership unit of Pratham’s Digital Team offers young, dynamic, and energetic people an opportunity to be an integral part of Pratham’s work in using digital solutions for resolving educational inequalities in the country. This job role will facilitate the candidate to gain comprehensive experience of working with multiple stakeholders; NGOs, Government, CSR, and others.
The Associate will:
- Networking and Advocacy: Clear communication, effective advocacy as well as building and maintaining networks is a central roles of the candidate. The candidate is expected to learn the essentials of Pratham’s digital initiatives, communicate about the same and thoroughly explain Pratham’s content and programs to various stakeholders.
- Identify the potential partners: The Associate needs to identify potential partners in different states. This will include conducting research about the partner’s work and identifying their needs. Creating a partner database, rigorous follow-ups, and regular reviews of the interactions with each partner are key functions for establishing partnerships.
- Doing market research and providing support for creating content and program offerings: In order to cater to the needs of the partners, the associate is required to identify the need of the different organizations and work with the content teams to create customized offerings.
- Collate feedback, learnings, and observations: The associate will play a significant role in collating learnings emerging from the experience of working with various partners. These learnings would be shared with the content as well as other team members for providing solutions to the problems partners face as well as building newer ideas and offerings.
- Report writing and Documentation: Collection of quantitative data, qualitative observations as well as maintenance of appropriate documentation would be a central role of the associate. This would be expected every month, as well as post an important event or training.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in any field. (Preference would be given to Degree in Media and communication, Humanities and Management)
- Basic computer proficiency, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with Canva
- Ability to communicate in English, Hindi, and any other regional language
- Willingness to travel regularly and extensively
- Ability to work well in teams and in multiple stakeholders’ projects (preferred)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong time and work management skills
- Self-motivation and proactive attitude
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (early applicants will be given preference) and keep email@example.com in CC and mention ‘Application for the position of Associate-Partnership’ in the subject line, with the following attachments:
1. Current Résumé: Résumé should contain:
● Contact Information for Applicant
● Academic Background, universities attended/degrees acquired
● Academic Record (Marks or GPA)
● Past work experience, highlighting relevant skills
● Experiences in development, and/or education (if applicable)
● Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (300 Words)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org