Medha better prepares youth for life after school. Our combination of 21st-Century skills training, career counseling, and alumni support propel young people on career paths of their choice. Since 2011, we have improved workplace engagement, income growth, and female work participation for 85,000 students across more than 400 educational institutions. And we are currently partnering with multiple state governments to bring our programming and approach to millions more.
We are supported by leading corporations and global foundations such as Accenture, JP Morgan, and The Mulago Foundation. We have received numerous awards and recognitions for our work, including the Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, and Ashoka Fellowships, the Dasra Girl Power Award, and were recently named a finalist for the Elevate Prize.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Medha is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices.
For more information, please visit: 1) Website 2) 2021 Impact Report 3) Program Materials 4) Strategy Growth Plan Deck
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY – MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA, STORY LAB
For the last ten years, Medha has delivered a unique experiential learning program to young people in the ‘Hindi-belt.’
Based on the Four Cs of 21st-century skills – communications, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking – the program aims to prepare young people to start and excel in diverse career paths of their choice.
Constantly upgraded and enhanced, the program has evolved significantly over the last decade, along with changing student and market demands. As we look to the future of learning and work, we are doubling down on the program’s transformative impact on young people’s lives.
This profile requires someone who can use their social media acumen to deliver a unique and transformative voice on career-building for lakhs of youth in India. They will strategize our byte-sized storytelling for multiple stakeholders, number-crunch the data on socials, and build the organization’s capacity to be social media storytellers.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for managing the execution of projects in the following areas:
Create a communications strategy for all social media channels to align with Medha’s goals. Stay updated on the latest industry-specific social media benchmarks and audience preferences to make informed strategic changes.
Oversee and build the social media team’s capacity to execute a content publishing cycle end-to-end, from creative conceptualization to scheduling. Have an eye for excellent social media copy and design to enable the organization to be influential storytellers online.
Work closely with teams in the organization to develop and execute ad campaigns that help achieve their marketing goals. Plan and execute a regular promotions strategy for all social media channels to improve brand awareness. Look for new opportunities to improve brand awareness by building relationships with social media influencers and utilizing the latest platform features.
Data and Insights:
Based on social media objectives and key performance indicators, regularly analyze the data to report insights, emerging trends, and suggestions for strategic changes. Stay updated on the latest digital technologies for content scheduling, ad promotions, and data analysis.
Monitoring and Compliance:
Ensure compliance with Medha’s brand voice and guidelines across social channels. Regularly conduct quality checks for all social channels to ensure consistent communication with followers and updated accounts’ design.
What your day might look like:
While no two days are the same, some may look like this…
- You conduct research for creating a communications strategy for funders on LinkedIn while considering employee-generated posts.
- You get on a call with the Student Relationship Manager from Gorakhpur to create a social media campaign for an upcoming event, Youthscape.
- You upload the Youthscape communication plan on Asana and assign tasks with due dates to the social media team.
- You note the results of monthly Instagram promotions and email its insights report to the team with an action plan for the next month.
- You get on a call with the social media team to review content scheduled for the upcoming week and debrief on the Youthscape communication plan.
- You review the existing content across socials and highlight unattended comments and queries to the social media team.
Things we are looking for:
The ideal candidate has the following capabilities:
- A data-driven and stakeholder-first mindset.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Excellent creative and innovative skills.
- Patient and takes feedback positively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
- Ability to lead the team with purpose and passion.
- Fluent in English, Hindi, and Hinglish.
- Knowledge of social media management, analytics, copyediting, and contract management.
- Expert in using ad managers of platforms like Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter, scheduling software like Zoho/Hootsuite, and MS Office suite.
And some prior experience:
- An experience of 2-3 years is preferred. However, if you have fewer years of experience and believe the skills you have built can be applied to this work, please communicate how and why in your application.
Why should you work for Medha?
- A passionate team that is committed to a shared mission.
- Grassroots ethos connected to its student community (no ivory towers here).
- Audacious goals and vision to impact millions of young people and India’s growth story.
- New initiatives and exciting projects to get involved in and learn from.
- An informal and fun work environment that doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Space to explore and find your own solutions and path (no micromanaging).
Our hiring process:
Our goal is to be as transparent and respectful of your time during the recruiting process. We use a technology platform to ensure the hiring process is comprehensive, efficient, and well documented.
To apply for this job please visit medha.zohorecruit.com.