Website Room To Read
Primary responsibilities are tactical in nature implementing administration of hiring, retention, staff development, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long- term staffing strategies. Responsibilities includes end to end recruitments and other People operations and Generalist role. This position reports to the Officer, People Operations under general supervision.
The following duties are exemplary of the type of tasks that may be changed at the discretion of the Manager, People Operations and Deputy Country Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead, design and implement overall recruiting strategy
• Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
• Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
• Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/Social Media platforms etc.
• Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
• Screen candidates resumes and job applications
• Conduct telephonic interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
• Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
• Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
• Schedule panel interview for all the open positions and ensure proper documentation of panel’s feedback/recommendation
• Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
• Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports/tracker to the rest of the team
• Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
• Establish strong relationships with hiring managers during the recruiting process
• Conduct background check of all the selected applicants through the empaneled agency
• Promote Room to Read India as a “best place to work”
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement recruiting initiatives preferably in development sector.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years of professional experience in managing bulk recruitment.
• General knowledge of the principles and best practices of Hiring and Selection.
• Strong recruiting background preferably developed through various specialist assignments. The most important of which would be recruiting.
• Ability to work within narrowly defined objectives under general supervision
• Ability to effectively address well defined problems of moderate complexity and complete moderately complex assignments
• Generally, assists with Country Office wide projects as assigned by the Officer, People Operations
• Generates tactical solutions that address the needs of various departments in the Country Office.
• Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams and represent the organization in professional forums.
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.