Website Room To Read
Program Associate – Quality Material & Resources position will be based at New Delhi, Country Office and report directly to the Program Manager-Quality Reading Material. The position might require some travel and involves frequent interaction with authors, illustrators, publishers, printers, and officials.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Room to Read’s (RtR’s) Literacy program design
- As part of the QRM team assist in defining criteria for engaging, relevant, and culturally appropriate reading material for primary school grades to create ideal book list for RTR libraries.
- Contribute to Gap Analysis (in all the languages of RtR operation) for determining the kind of reading materials available in the market (for purchase) or in schools and therefore identify the gap with respect to the ideal book list.
- Coordinate with Operations team to ensure distribution of all reading materials to project areas where these materials will be used (in both Literacy Program schools as well as new and existing SL/RWI schools)
- Coordinate with POD and Admin on Inventory Management of RWI materials
- Complete regular reporting documents (MIUs, Quarterly Reports, Forecasts, etc.) related to materials development & procurement
- Regularly communicate with Operations/ Administration/ Finance/ HR teams at the CO and State levels to ensure smooth implementation of program activities
- Communicate with Global Office and other external stakeholders as needed
- Contribute to preparation of various reports, budget reviews, forecasts and documentation of good practices
- Help organize, and facilitate workshops for writers and illustrators to produce new books every year.
- Edit, and finalize manuscripts. Translate the manuscripts in English.
- Coordinate with translators, writers, illustrators, designers and other external and internal stakeholders to produce the books.
- Understand the technical aspects of book printing and publishing. Provide technical advice to Admin on the bidding and printing process of books/other material: issue requisition, undertake technical assessment, provide soft copies, proof read and approve ferros, follow up with printer, check quality of printing, approve payments.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to meet the technical needs of the organization
Instruction Material and Resources:
- Facilitate and contribute in the development of for Grade 1 and 2 instructional material/books with instructional material team.
- Once the content is finalized, assist in organizing/contracting people for illustrating, designing, layout and printing the materials.
- Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Masters in education / social sciences or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in developing good quality children educational/learning material like storybooks, textbooks etc.
- In-depth understanding of the role of supplementary materials on reading skills and habits of children
- Experience of developing teaching learning materials (TLM) and other instruction materials will be a plus.
- Experience of having worked directly with teachers and children will be an added advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.